“Always good food and wine!”
Review of Vinz

Vinz
Ranked #59 of 341 Restaurants in Escondido
Cuisines: American, Bar, Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kalmia
Description: phone # is 760 745-8007
Escondido, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always good food and wine!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband and I frequent Vinz at least once every 2-3 weeks and we've NEVER been disappointed. They have a good selection of wines, which they rotate every few weeks/months. The food is always great and the prices are fantastic. Love!

• Visited December 2012

San Diego
“A Little Bit of Everything”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Food is fresh and tastefully served. They purchase their vegetables from the weekly downtown farmer's market. Good bar scene and easy listening live entertainment.

Visited December 2012
Escondido, California
“Never again!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Full disclosure: I've never been a fan. My wife, however, loves the place -- or at least she did until our last experience. We were having dinner with some friends, who had purchased a coupon through their employer. Our waiter, an older gentleman with a beard (more on him later), inspected our coupon and preceded to take or order.

There are a number of inconveniences throughout or meal which I'll spare you for brevity's sake (oh, thank you waiter for putting your hands in my water). Anyways, the check comes and the waiter tells us our coupon is no good. My friends, nicest people on the planet, ask to speak to a manager. The owner comes over and the real fireworks begin.

Essentially he tells us the coupon is bogus and we're trying to scam him. He says he cancelled the deal months ago, and he shouldn't have to take the hit. Best line of the night, "I feel as if my food is too good to be served at a discount."

Ultimately he stepped up and accepted the coupon, but not before talking down to us. I used to think Vinz was a promising restaurant in a downtown that could use some more. Now, it's basically Pounders with higher prices. The food is fine, and most of the servers are great (if the older gentleman is your server, just leave), but it's not worth the hassle.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank Googlaw26
Oceanside, California
“Wines Plus”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Great wine flights, excellent appetizers, friendly bar area. Wife & I have been back again and again.

• Visited April 2012
San Diego, California
“Nice Little Place”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stopped in on St. Patrick's Day to hear an Irish group and had an appetizer. The baked Goat Cheese in Phyllo was wonderful! I also had the creme brulee! YUMMM! I can't comment on the wine since I had a Guinness (had to...ya know St. Patrick's Day and all!). The service was good for them being crowded. I am definitely going back to try their meals and wine!

• Visited March 2012