“Good hoppy beer”
Review of Stone Brewing

Stone Brewing
Ranked #2 of 54 things to do in Escondido
More attraction details
Owner description: Stone Brewing was founded in 1996 by Steve Wagner and Greg Koch in North County San Diego, CA. It is the largest craft brewery in the southwestern United States and has been named "All-Time Top Brewery on Planet Earth" by BeerAdvocate magazine - TWICE! A recently announced $26.6M expansion plan (that includes a hotel among other lofty ventures) is underway, as are developments to become the first American craft brewery to open a brewhouse in Europe. The adjacent Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens plays host to countless wildly popular beer and dining events, and is the largest purchaser of local, organic produce in San Diego County, including a growing amount from their own Stone Farms! In addition to promoting ethical eating, the restaurant boasts a lush one-acre outdoor garden as well as a line-up of 32 rotating taps and 100+ bottled craft beer selections for guests to enjoy.
Dekalb,IL
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Good hoppy beer”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Outstanding selection of beers, many that are hop forward. Probably had 20 or more different beers on tap, Many of their standards and just as many that I had never seen in stores. Tasters are very reasonable, 1.50 -3.00 dollars, and very generous pours. Place was not crowded when I visited, but was busy. Definitely worth a visit if you are in the area.

Visited April 2014

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Good Beer & Food”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We visiting Stone on a Sunday and arrived at 1pm. We wanted to do a brew tour, since we live on the East coast and the next available tour was at 4pm. We were ok with that, as we were planning on eating lunch and having a few drinks before hand. We had to wait until 3pm for a table, so we grabbed a few beers in their "Garden." What a great little place! They have table sitting outside in a garden-like atmosphere, so you can drink and enjoy your company while waiting for your table.

Prior to going, I did check their website out and you can make reservations for lunch/dinner, but the tours are on a first come, first serve basis. If we were starving I would have made reservations, but we weren't in any hurry.

The brussel sprouts and sausage mac n cheese are a must! Especially the Brussel Sprouts!!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Crtny2983
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor practice”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I tried to pay for my daughter and son in laws anniversary dinner as a surprise. I am in New York so I called and asked if I could pay for dinner add a bottle of champagne and leave the tip with my credit card. No was the answer! They need my signature. I am in the business and have never heard of such a practice. Truly disappointed. Would not recommend

Visited March 2014
Seattle, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Busy but good.”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I decided at the last minute to take a trip up from San Diego. I got there around 3pm and all the tours were already booked and the dining area had a long wait. I was lucky enough to get a seat at the bar. The beer and food was good. I enjoyed a Stone Levitation Ale. The bar staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the beers they offered. I would go again.

Visited January 2014
Carls
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Beverages are over priced, both beer and wine.
Out of fish early in the evening.
Menu describes dish one way, reality is very different.
Server's response to question about the discrepancy is, 'what you see is what you get".
Server then proceeds to ignore the table's occupants.
In display of avarice, the final bill includes full charge for the I adequately prepared dishes.
They promote themselves as advocates of "slow food" when in truth they are interested in fast money.

Visited February 2014