“Service with a Smile”

8:00 PM
OR
Ranked #55 of 399 Restaurants in Escondido
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Wanted to support a local business and got a great dining experience. Wonderful food, try the pancakes. Huge portions. Best part was the great staff. I was meeting someone for business and they encouraged us to stay as long as we wanted, the owner said it made her happy that we were comfortable in her restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2019
3  Thank Siroli_b
Write a reviewReviews (21)

Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

Happy to see what was done after place reopened. Looks fantastic. And the food is satisfyingly delicious. Not over abundant portions. Selection for breakfast is great. Huevos Rancheros are a must.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 21, 2019

After binge-watching many Food Network Restaurant Impossible shows, my visit to the "new" Rosie's Cafe was one of great anticipation. The place looked like a Robert Irvine redo of simple shadow box decorations, nostalgia items, wood and tin accents, and cold red metal chairs tucked under square cafe tables. The signature decorative piece was an inspirational mural and a nod to the owner's grandmother, which added a nice personal touch. There is a certain ambiance to the cafe which is familiar. I'm just hoping they don't burn the bread on the breakfast sandwiches every day!

The inside of my rather dry breakfast sandwich bun tasted like it was left on the griddle too long and the meat was too salty, so I was disappointed in my selection but ate it anyway. The sandwich came with potatoes that I found absolutely tasteless. My companion ordered the breakfast burrito and it too looked like it had spent too much time on the griddle and it was flattened almost like a panini. Neither plate had any hint of garnish. Super plain presentation and unappealing to my eye. Not what I would expect from Chef Irvine's tutelage.

Frankly, I found the new menu items very limited and hope some of the pre-makeover menu items return.

Our friend L O V E D his eggs benedict with no complaints!

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank FoggyMonday
Reviewed March 6, 2019

Had breakfast once while looking for my house in Escondido. Quaint little café, seemed pretty busy and had a lot of locals, so cant be that bad to have repeat local customers. Corn beef hash was pretty good, could have used a little bit more. Didn't leave hungry but had room for something else. I'll go back though for a relaxing morning meal or try some of the lunch items that sounded good but was too early to order.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank andrewyongk
Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

This used to be "Champions" but Rosie's is trying to put her own stamp on it. They are trying hard to service customers, old & new with warm greetings and attentiveness. If they get it wrong they quickly get it right! The first cup of coffee was lukewarm but the next cups great! The homefries a little overcooked but good taste. Be prepared to spend $$. The decor reminiscent of the old fashioned diner. Thank you to our waitress, Sarah.

Date of visit: February 2019

Been to Rosie’s Cafe? Share your experiences!