New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Varese, Italy
“Quiet place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 days with my boyfriend and we really enjoyed it!
This place is so quiet and relaxing, it is like to be in a cottage...nice pool and a very nice golf course just in front of the resort.
The room was comfortable and clean, we had a king bed and we slept very well.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Annagreta132

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We booked a room at Tuscany Hills Resort as an alternative option for staying at Harrah's Rincon Hotel & Casino which is approximately 17 miles away from the resort property. Earlier that day we were at Harrah's Dive Dayclub & Ultra Pool and it was a breath of fresh air when we arrived to Tuscany Hills Resort.

The main lobby was cute, quiet and peaceful, and we were warmly greeted at the front desk upon arrival. At first glance I liked the high vaulted ceilings and I especially loved the antique furniture and ornate decor - which got me excited to see our accommodations. The ambiance definitely had the feel of "Superior Comfort" (the property's tag line).

The walk from the main lobby to our room was really fun! The location is beautiful and it felt like we were on a mini retreat in the woods. Our room was a Deluxe Junior Suite that included one king bed, a sofa chair, and French doors that opened up to a little private patio with wonderful golf course and mountain views. I really liked the room's antique furniture and decor. The bed was very comfortable and I liked the bathroom area. Our closet was a good size and I was happy they had sliding closet mirror doors. The TV was outdated and small, but we didn't mind and wouldn't have used it anyways. Who can watch TV with amazing mountain views?!

An odd thing that happened during our stay, was the fire alarm started beeping a few times throughout the night. It was no big deal, but it startled me and woke us up a few times.

The resort had other nice amenities, but we didn't have a chance to utilize them because most of our time was spent at the Harrah's pool earlier that day. For example, the property has a series of small soaking pools in a private designated area and they also have an onsite pool. Apparently there's a restaurant down the street that has live music on Saturday nights, but we didn't have time to check that out either.

Four words I would use to describe the resort are cute, quaint, quiet and comfortable. I love nice authentic venues and Tuscany Hills Resort passes the test. I would definitely stay here again and make sure to utilize the private patio more! I would have been perfectly content enjoying a glass of wine on our room's patio while admiring the views!

Room Tip: I recommend a room in the single-story block (there were no rooms above us) directly in front of the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AngelaVelarde
Ventura, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We love this place. Ample and clean. Beautiful location and amazing owners. What a hidden pleasure... Again not a Hilton or five star $$$$ but would choose this place hands down. So relaxing and pleasing to the eye

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool was great we slept wi our door open.
1 Thank Sheryl Jeff G
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had stayed here before and this place just keeps getting better !!!
The new owners have done lots of nice improvements. Our room was obviously completely redone ..new mattresses and furniture. Great art ...
The staff was very friendly and made us feel at home..
We will be back !!

Room Tip: Pick a suite with a golf coarse or pool view. Or the new cottage is fantastic !!!!
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This resort is a great place to get away for a couple of days. The property is beautiful. The mountains surrounding the place and a golf course. My favorite part was the hot soaking pools. I also was able to get a massage from a nice lady. Jennifer at the front desk provided us with everything we needed. She was able to give us some restaurants to check out and a discount at the Castle Creek Country Club. I will definitely be back to this place.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for my sister in law's wedding ( since this is the closest to the venue). We made a reservation on March 8 and was given $169.00 for two queen beds. A couple of days later after our stay, I checked my statement and was charged $199.00. So I called and talked to Jennifer...and she got immediately defensive and rude!!! She was in complete denial about the rate that she gave me and tried to blame it on another girl named Jamie or something. She was just rude and not helpful of the
situation, so I have to hang up because she was already raising her voice like she's the one that's aggrevated. Later she called back and said that they can't do anything about the charge and offered me of discounted rate at one of their suites. Thanks but no thanks!!! Never will we go to your hotel again and will never recommend your place.

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank valcor0928
SharylAnn, Public Relations Manager at Tuscany Hills Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Reviewing our records, you were indeed given a quote for $169 for the single queen room that you had originally requested in March. You requested and were given a double queen room at check in and charged the $199 upon departure. If there was a problem with the room charge when you signed the receipt, you made no mention of it at the time. Jennifer handles all of our guests with the utmost courtesy and even made an effort after your first call to check the details and see if there was an error on our part so we could give you a partial refund. When circumstances were confirmed, the best she could do was to offer a discount on a future stay. Our records indicate the rate was quoted on a single queen and we are not able to hold a quoted rate when guest make changes that incur additional charges.

Travelers are raving about these Escondido hotels

Orange County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is my 2cd visit within a month. I love this place. The staff treat you like family and exhaust themselves to accommodate your every need. The Gopher hole is a great place to relax, listen to a live band, and eat the amazing " California Chicken" with a side of Bacon Mac N Cheese! Soaking pools are great, lounging areas are beautiful. The surrounding area has many things to do and the rooms are so relaxing. I am now a regular and look forward to coming back again and again. I have made wonderful new friends and I look forward to my return visits.

1 Thank Terez F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escondido
BEST WESTERN Escondido Hotel
Welk Resort San Diego
#1 of 16 in Escondido
4.0 of 5 stars 1,293 reviews
Harrah's Resort Southern California

Been to Tuscany Hills Resort? Share your experiences!