“Like being in a cottage in the woods”

Tuscany Hills Resort
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Ventura, California, United States
“Like being in a cottage in the woods”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We love this place. Ample and clean. Beautiful location and amazing owners. What a hidden pleasure... Again not a Hilton or five star $$$$ but would choose this place hands down. So relaxing and pleasing to the eye

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool was great we slept wi our door open.
1 Thank Sheryl Jeff G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had stayed here before and this place just keeps getting better !!!
The new owners have done lots of nice improvements. Our room was obviously completely redone ..new mattresses and furniture. Great art ...
The staff was very friendly and made us feel at home..
We will be back !!

Room Tip: Pick a suite with a golf coarse or pool view. Or the new cottage is fantastic !!!!
Anaheim, California
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This resort is a great place to get away for a couple of days. The property is beautiful. The mountains surrounding the place and a golf course. My favorite part was the hot soaking pools. I also was able to get a massage from a nice lady. Jennifer at the front desk provided us with everything we needed. She was able to give us some restaurants to check out and a discount at the Castle Creek Country Club. I will definitely be back to this place.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for my sister in law's wedding ( since this is the closest to the venue). We made a reservation on March 8 and was given $169.00 for two queen beds. A couple of days later after our stay, I checked my statement and was charged $199.00. So I called and talked to Jennifer...and she got immediately defensive and rude!!! She was in complete denial about the rate that she gave me and tried to blame it on another girl named Jamie or something. She was just rude and not helpful of the
situation, so I have to hang up because she was already raising her voice like she's the one that's aggrevated. Later she called back and said that they can't do anything about the charge and offered me of discounted rate at one of their suites. Thanks but no thanks!!! Never will we go to your hotel again and will never recommend your place.

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank valcor0928
SharylAnn, Public Relations Manager at Tuscany Hills Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Reviewing our records, you were indeed given a quote for $169 for the single queen room that you had originally requested in March. You requested and were given a double queen room at check in and charged the $199 upon departure. If there was a problem with the room charge when you signed the receipt, you made no mention of it at the time. Jennifer handles all of our guests with the utmost courtesy and even made an effort after your first call to check the details and see if there was an error on our part so we could give you a partial refund. When circumstances were confirmed, the best she could do was to offer a discount on a future stay. Our records indicate the rate was quoted on a single queen and we are not able to hold a quoted rate when guest make changes that incur additional charges.

Travelers are raving about these Escondido hotels

Orange County
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is my 2cd visit within a month. I love this place. The staff treat you like family and exhaust themselves to accommodate your every need. The Gopher hole is a great place to relax, listen to a live band, and eat the amazing " California Chicken" with a side of Bacon Mac N Cheese! Soaking pools are great, lounging areas are beautiful. The surrounding area has many things to do and the rooms are so relaxing. I am now a regular and look forward to coming back again and again. I have made wonderful new friends and I look forward to my return visits.

1 Thank Terez F
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We checked in after a long drive and were looking for something to eat and was recommended the gopher hole. we were not given any paperwork with any hotel recommendations as I was later told every guess received. the Gopher whole was terrible. when we got to our room it was not as nice as we would expect for the price the beds were very squeaky the linens and howls for poor quality and the towel rack in the bathroom completely fell off the wall when I put my towel on it after taking a shower. the hot tub we're not hot as indicated in the hotel information online. we went out to the next day and when we returned there was no parking there was an event however cars were everywhere and nowhere for hotel guests to park so I went to the front desk to inquire about parking and also mention that the restaurant was terrible the previous evening and our room did not have a wine opener. I spoke to the manager Jennifer who became immediately defensive. she said there was a parking attendant that was saving spaces for hotel guests and she was offensive when I told her nobody was there were no spots so I had to park illegally she did tell me that it would be fine but I wasn't happy about it. if you pay $350 per night for a hotel room you should get a parking spot and you should have a wine bottle opener in your room the towel rack should not fall off the wall and The bed shouldn't squeak. the owner Michael heard us talking and came over and greeted me and shook my hand. I told him that the grounds were lovely and I also told him my concerns. he seemed very nice I wished them all a good night. he specifically asked me to go online and leave positive feedback regarding my stay but considering was to happen next there's no possible way I could do that. I went back to my room And later on I called the front desk to see how long the event would take because my infant was sleeping and they put us right by the pool where the event was. Jennifer answer the phone immediately began berating me about how they had every right to have a party until 10:30 p.m. And if I didn't like it I should leave. in fact she told me to leave all I did was inquiring how long the party will last I did not complain about it I just asked about it and she went on and on telling me to leave this is at about 9 or 9:30 p.m.. I told her I couldn't believe how rude she was being she told me that the owner agreed that they knew who I was Before we checked in and wanted me to leave, which is impossible because I didn't even make the room reservation and I'd never spoken to or seeing anyone from that hotel until that moment. she said she didn't care if I wrote bad reviews because I know if people would still come to the hotel so I urge anyone that reads this review...do not stay at that hotel they do not deserve your business and there are much better places to stay for that kind of money.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank mrsbchandler
SharylAnn, Manager at Tuscany Hills Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I'm so sorry that you had a less than positive experience during your stay here at Tuscany Hills. Perhaps you misunderstood with regard to the restaurant, we do not have any affiliation with the Gopher Hole, it is up to our guests to decide if the environment meets their expectations.

There is always more than adequate parking for all guests including guests of special events such as the wedding that took place during your stay. When you called regarding the activity around the pool, I responded to your complaint with the utmost professional response as I do with all of our guests.

Perhaps you are mistaken with regard to the rate that was charged for your room as our rates for your room type are much more reasonably priced. As for the wine opener, our staff was more than happy to provide your husband with one promptly upon request.

We here at Tuscany Hills Resort take pride in our customer service standards and treat all of our guests like royalty during their stay on our property. We also recognize that there are times where individuals find themselves having difficult days and seemingly nothing goes right. For those rare instances, the only suggestions left for us to make is that perhaps another location might be more to their liking at which time we offer a full refund for the accommodation if the guest chooses to vacate the premises.

Jennifer
Resort Manager
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed July 22, 2013

What a great find in a great area. Large pool and 4 private soaking tubs. Soak with a glass of wine in your hand from one of the local wineries and talk about the day. Whether golf next door, or at other local courses, the San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park, wine tasting, casinos, or just a relaxing day with a good dinner, there is so much to do within the local area. Jennifer(at the desk) gave us great dinner suggestions, try Ciao's for great Italian at a reasonable price, and was helpful with all of our needs. The property has recently changed hands and many things are planned for an upgrade of the property, but do not let this hold you back from going now, It is definitely worth it.

Room Tip: We were given a King room above the pool while the couple with us were given a Queen room overlookin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank George B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escondido
Best Western Escondido Hotel
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa
Temecula Creek Inn
Temecula Creek Inn
#5 of 19 in Temecula

Been to Tuscany Hills Resort? Share your experiences!