“Good entertainment”

San Diego Children's Discovery Museum
Ranked #8 of 54 things to do in Escondido
More attraction details
Owner description: The Escondido Children's Museum features interactive, hands-on exhibits and activities that inspire children to learn about our world through exploration, imagination and experimentation.
Murrieta
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Good entertainment”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

kids enjoyed it, all different ages (7, 3 and 1). Easy to keep track of the kids as the rooms flow into each other. One part to play was outside, but it was safe and gated, also with double doors and you can see outside if you are inside watching other kids. We went for a birthday and it also has a large room with tables and chair, comfortable as well. The sell some books, toys and music and refreshments which makes it convinient. This place was right accross for the grape park which makes it a double fun for the kids.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mglluvsun

San Diego, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Just not worth the money it costs to get in. The exhibits are ok the interaction is ok, but I will go to Balboa park and the Fleet center for a good kids museum.

3 Thank RussD7s
Escondido, CA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“New Location”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This museum has recently moved and needs to finish building things before it will be as great as it was in the new location. More space here but it lacks the charm of the old location.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank CARedflame
Escondido, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“San Diego Children's Discovery Museum in Escondido”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was the first visit for us in their new location and I took two 7 yr olds with me. I had gone to the previous location once with one of the boys. The new location is a much better, nicer looking and newer building then the previous one. But I think it would be much better for toddlers. When we first got there they had a day camp thing going on already and there where just a few kids in the place so we could very easy walk around and check everything out. But shortly after that a bunch of kids from "YMCA" came in and the place got really crowded and loud. The boys I had with me got bored really fast and said it was too loud and too crowded so they wanted to go home after we had only been there about 30 mins. They also complained that there was hardly any paper in the arts and crafts area and most had already been folded up or crumpled up and used already. Also they said that when the kids came in from "YMCA" that those kids started taking other toys they were using from them. I can't help but wonder if they wouldn't have enjoyed it more if it wasn't so busy that day that we went, or if they were much younger kids, as a lot of the stuff seemed geared to that, like the dress up area. The outside garden and other stuff outside where not quite ready for us either that day, and a lot of it was taped off to keep us out of certain areas outside like the garden area was off limits. The price was reasonable to go in there, but I think we just picked a bad day or time maybe to go.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank JMahnken
Lodi, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great for younger children”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We took our grandchildren ages 7 to 10 and they were too old for this museum. I was impressed at all the hands on activities they had. I think this is a grat place for kids 6 and younger. Preschool age.

Visited June 2012