“Good Peruvian food”

Cuisines: Peruvian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: D St. / E St.
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We visited this restaurant for lunch. We ordetef vegetarian empanadas for appetizers that were wonderful - lentils and other vegetables enclosed in a sweet dough pastry served hot with a lemony picante sauce on the side (we liked it so much that we bought a jar to take home). For the main course, I had a skirt steak sandwich on a baguette that contained grilled veggies too. It was good, although the meat was slightly hard to chew and I ended up using a knife to cut it at the end. For my side I chose the sweet potato fries which were delicious. My wife got the quinoa salad - she was surprised when it was served HOT. It was delicious, but more like a pilaf dessert. It was sweet and topped with crunchy almonds. The food was good but I thought that prices were on the high side.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I am a lover of garlic flavored food and Q'ero is my favorite place to savor the taste of really good, unique food. It is a fairly small place so make a reservation and then go and enjoy the experience.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is the best food I've had in Encinitas so far. Had an amazing lamb something dish and a side of some sort of plantain pancake. Amazing food.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We are new to the San Diego area and still exploring however Q'ero is our current favorite. The food was scrumptious, service excellent and desserts amazing. We have already booked reservation for our return trip in July and have highly recommended the restaurant to friends who have also had great meals. A winner!

Reviewed May 6, 2012

This is a very unique restaurant both in food and size. It great place to take guests but be sure to make reservations. Service is excellent. Calamari was wonderful.