“Comfort Food”

Ranked #160 of 314 Restaurants in Encinitas
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Look, my wife and I were in Italy this time last year so we know fine dining. But we passed up all the avante garde joints on PCH to go back to this dive. My wife's meatloaf was delicious and so were the mashed potatoes and corn. My chili was on point. All for $7.50. Don't look at the carpet but enjoy the red diamond leather booths while sipping your $4 beer.

1  Thank jsh35715

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Dirty, Dirty,Dirty. Grill needs to be cleaned. We ordered off the breakfast menu and there were pieces of potato on my eggs and a piece of onion on my pancakes when neither should have been present. My wife's gravy and biscuits were inedible. After ordering at the counter we sat in a booth with a 10 inch slash in the booth. OK if you are hungry and quantity for less money is what you are after this may be the place if you can trust the cleanliness or lack there of. Where is Robert from Restaurant Impossible?

1  Thank socal55wm
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The prices are amazing. My fish and chips was $5.12 and it was delicious. All you can eat clam chowder is $2.69 and comes with a side of garlic bread.

Two of us, big eaters, were stuffed silly, and the bill was under $10. And the quality of the food is not bad.

1  Thank Laura L
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Excellent happy hour (prices & hours), and big quantities of food. Nothing fabulous or healthy. but a great value for the $.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stoked on the full meal for 20 bucks with tips for two people. Cool little "hole in the wall" feel.

Liked the prices and food portion size.