“Overpriced and average food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 295 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Encinitas, California
“Overpriced and average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We have tried to like this place but after the 3rd visit I give up. The roast chicken was bland, grape leaves just fair, the soup (lemon chicken) was watery. Tiny portions of hummas and tzatziki come with the dinners. I called the order in and was told 25 minutes, it was 40 and this was a Tuesday night with no customers in the place! I see that others recommend the lamb which we did not have. For $70.00 there are so many great places to eat in Encinitas I won't waste my money again.

• Visited December 2012

Orlando, Florida
“Poor Service With Good Quality Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Visiting my son in San Diego we were running errands when I realized I was starving. I popped up my trip advisor app on my iPhone, and put in Greek food, and we made our way to this hidden establishment in a small strip center.

Nondescript is the best way to describe the exterior, but the interior although stark is comfortable with simple tables and painted wall scenes.

We waited over 5 minutes to be seated although the restaurant was half empty. Once seated our food order was taken quickly by a young woman, and the food arrived in a reasonable amount of time.

No complaints with the food....Service is another matter!

My son chooses a Gyro lunch special with fries. He enjoyed it, but although the gyro sandwich was decent size there were only about 4 small potato wedges on the plate. He said the flavor was very good.

My falafel salad was very lovely, but I had to order pita bread on the side for an extra charge. Everywhere I have ever ordered this it comes with the meal.

Getting a refill on a drink was nearly impossible. I felt as if they did not want to refill the tea I was drinking, and the small glass of water my son had was not sufficient for a meal when he did not order another beverage.

We waited a long time to order another menu item as the waitress who appeared to be the only server was busy making a birthday dessert the day we were there for a good 15 minutes or more. She obviously knew the people as she was frequently at their table conversing, and then she sang happy birthday.

Not a problem...who doesn't love celebrating a birthday.... but we would have liked better service. The establishment had less than 10 people dining when we were there so it was frustrating when we had to flag her down to get any service at all during our visit.

As I don’t live there I can’t tell you if this is the norm, but the food was good, and not overly expensive.

I may give it a try again if I am in the area as I do love good Greek food, and the food was very tasty. However, I can stay home and get bad service. I go out to get good service, good food, and an enjoyable experience which is not what we experienced during our visit!

Maybe you'll have better luck on your visit.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
“Don't miss the slow roasted lamb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Friendly, family run real Greek restaurant. Love the slow roasted lamb, so tender, lemony, and super delicious. The restaurant is small and tucked back in a strip mall, so it can be easy to miss.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, CA
“Fav rib lambchops - Yummy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

Yes, it's a bit expensive but I love being there - always feels like I'm a long lost family member when I show up. They are special to me.

I like that they know what I'm going to order. LOL

This is a restaurant I recommend - and should I experience a problem, I'll make sure it isn't me.

Sure wish I could eat there more often.

• Visited January 2012
Carlsbad, CA
“Great greek!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

Family run, great place. Service is good, one of the sisters is a little touchy, so you have to go with their flow and not ask to customize too much. Otherwise, a very nice experience. Best greek in the area, by far.

Visited April 2012