“Pricey for coffee!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
E Street Cafe
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had a large soy latte and $6.25 later it wasn't any better than ones I have had for less. They need more tables outside as there were only 2. Someone was sitting at a table and wasn't a patron..just sitting there playing with his phone..!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I just love the E Street Cafe. I can get affordable refills of Coffee or Iced Rooibos Tea and work on my computer all day. My wife is a vegan, and there are always good food options. When she leaves, I can get some great desserts or sandwiches. The people there are typically artistic, with lots of web developers in the area. They have a piano that's nearly 100 years old. Random people will play beautiful music in addition to the stream of bands they have play at night.

2  Thank AaronJayLev
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The place has that cool coffee house vibe that oozes local: local art, local mike nights--you know the kind of stuff that seems to be disappearing with the corporate takeover of the world. The baristas are super nice--asked me if I wanted extra shots since I looked tired...The coffee was good but a little burned tasting...still, I could have ordered a roast deeper than I like. Overall, a good place to go.

2  Thank morningglory1
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Great food, great prices. Enjoyed the atmosphere, wait staff wonderful. Would go back again for nice relaxing evening with family.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Perfect spot to unwind after a 5 mile beach walk, past the crowd at Moonlight. On 101 there are many interesting cafes and small restaurants, but they tend to be too noisey for conversation, especially if you are on a "Who Are You Really" type of date. So we kept walking towards E Street and were magnetically attracted by soft island-style music inside the cafe. Inside a professional musician played slack-key guitar irresistably. Of course we sat down, ordered the veggie quiche, which I describe as "melt in your mouth go to heaven", and ice tea (Dark Passionfruit) also excellent. You might want to take a look at their desert offerings, which I deeply resisted to impress my date.

A handful of customers kicked back on sofas, another had his laptop hooked up, some were admiring the vibrant paintings on the walls; the cowboy / horse one being my favorite. Good music, good vibe. This is a great little hang-out for live music, good food and conversation in downtown Encinitas.

2  Thank Quewhat