“Go for the soup”

Jorge's Mexicantessen
Ranked #64 of 302 Restaurants in Encinitas
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The soup at this place rocks! Get there early for lunch or the line will be out the door. Cops, firemen, and local business people can attest to the good comfort food at this old-school taco shop. I give it high marks for the soup though. On the downside, there is not much seating at all.

There are newer reviews for Jorge's Mexicantessen

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Its quick, cheap, and homemade. A real winner! Its very casual, most people get their food to go however there is casual seating. Everyone I know is a regular and loves Jorges. Bonus: Nice spicy Salsa!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Soup, The Soup, the Soup.
Sometimes the kids fake sick just so I'll go get the soup. Yes, it's that good.
You won't know, if you don't go.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

On all our visits to stay with lifelong friends in Encinitas we eat at this superb Mexican restaurant.
The food is wonderful.My personal favourite chimichangas are delicious and huge and the tostadas are particularly great.On our recent trip to Encinitas earlier this month we ate there on seven occasions....that's how good it is.
Last year I developed pneumonia and I swear it was the chicken soup not the antibiotics that cured me!!!!!
Our friends think we only visit not to see them but to eat at Jorges!!!!

1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed December 9, 2011

My daughter swears that the only thing that makes her feel better when she is out sick from school is Jorge's chicken soup. The last time she was sick I bought 7 large containers over a 2 day period. Of course, I had some too because it is so yummy. I love the fresh avocado they add. Lots of people order it without the rice but not us. Their rolled tacos and guacamole are also a favorite.

1  Thank PilotsWife27