“Superb Food”

Jorge's Mexicantessen
Ranked #70 of 302 Restaurants in Encinitas
Reviewed August 27, 2012

On all our visits to stay with lifelong friends in Encinitas we eat at this superb Mexican restaurant.
The food is wonderful.My personal favourite chimichangas are delicious and huge and the tostadas are particularly great.On our recent trip to Encinitas earlier this month we ate there on seven occasions....that's how good it is.
Last year I developed pneumonia and I swear it was the chicken soup not the antibiotics that cured me!!!!!
Our friends think we only visit not to see them but to eat at Jorges!!!!

1  Thank Steve M

Reviewed December 9, 2011

My daughter swears that the only thing that makes her feel better when she is out sick from school is Jorge's chicken soup. The last time she was sick I bought 7 large containers over a 2 day period. Of course, I had some too because it is so yummy. I love the fresh avocado they add. Lots of people order it without the rice but not us. Their rolled tacos and guacamole are also a favorite.

1  Thank PilotsWife27
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Frsh clean yummy mexican food, I think it is somones grandmother back in the open kitchen, Everyone loves the chicken soup. You can get it spicy or not. The soup is a meal in itself but try what ever dish you love and I am sure you won't be disappointed. I love half a grande tostada with carnitas. Well got go run over to get some home cooked food!

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Combination of really tasty and inexpensive. It is packed with locals. They make it not spicy but give you hot salsa to make it as spicy as you want, so good for little kids and adults. Fantastic chicken soup.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Not fancy and just locals. Comes with order or tortillas to dip with the soup. Lots of shredded chicken, rice, and avocados. Mildly Spicy and great to fill you up.