“Good Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between D & E Street
Transit: Coaster train Station is right behind the restaurant. If you are coming from San Diego downtown or Oceanside is the best transportation! Check the schedule at http://www.gonctd.com/coaster
canada
“Good Food”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

On our way from Del Mar to Las Vegzas we wanted to have some nice seafood for dinner while we were along the coast and while driving we spotted their big seafood sign so we stopped for dinner. We were very pleased at the quality of the food. The Italian gentleman who we pressumed was the owner seemed to be always in a rush. He could have taken a little bit more time to exchange pleasantries with his guests afterall he is in the hospitality business but other than this minor pr flaw, the food was good.

1 Thank linrabCanada

avondale
“Wow, Yummy!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The food here was great. Very tasty! My son had Fettucini Alfredo, my wife had Ravioli , and I had Cannelloni. All was very, very tasty.

San Diego, California
“Service is Terrible. Don't even bother...”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've been to this restaurant a couple of times before my last visit. Previous visits have been positive. The food was good but not spectacular.

On the day of my last visit, I called the restaurant at 8:10pm, July 3rd, inquiring about the wait for a table. Instead of an estimated time, I was greeted with a rude response of “how many?”. We were already on our way so I didn’t give the rude response a second thought. I told the person I have a party of 5 and would arrive in about 15 minutes. At 8:30pm, I arrive with my entire party and was greeted with bitterness from the host.

The gentleman on the phone and the gentleman who greeted my party had a thick accent. Maybe it was the same person? Very unpleasant nonetheless...

I told the host I called earlier and he asked the name on the reservation. The person on the phone didn’t ask for my name and I told him so. He accused me of lying about calling in and acted as though we were putting him out by arriving to dinner at 8:30pm in the evening. They do not have hours posted at the entrance and we inquired about the hours. Instead of telling us the time the restaurant closes, he said it’s late but we can stay, although he would like to eventually go home. Really?

There were no tables for a party of 5 available. As he was setting up the table, he was slamming things around. Obviously upset and angry about having to deal with customers.

My entire party didn’t want to stay because of this person. Shortly after being seated, we decided to leave. If a person is having a bad day, don’t put him in the front to greet customers, plain and simple. If you don’t like customers coming in late in the evening (keep in mind that it was an evening before a holiday), post your operating hours so customers can respect those hours.

We walked down the street to another establishment that was MUCH more welcoming. I won't be returning to this restaurant. You just don't treat people like that, let alone a paying customer.

1 Thank lindagn1
Balderstone, Lancashire, England
“Best restaurant”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This was definately the best restaurant we visited in Encinitas, the food was delicious and the service was top class, it was a comfortable restaurant with a great atmosphere.

Visited June 2012
USA
“Our favorite Italian Place!”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

The service is a bit intense but the food outstanding - and try to get a table on the weekend. The have excellent pizza and pasta dishes and a nice crew :-)

Visited March 2012