“No idea why this place is trendy.”

Pannikin Encinitas Cafe
Ranked #1 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Encinitas
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Just like any other Pannikin, very average. For some reason this place is super trendy and all the Leucadia locals love it. The food selection is very average, almost as bad as Starbucks. The tea's are pretty good i guess, but how hard is it to make your own? I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I almost walked by this beautiful yellow building with chairs and tables outside, but then I noticed how many people seemed to be hanging out nearby and realized that this must be a local favorite. After all, every community needs a place like this: fresh baked goods, good music, coffee, conversation! As I walked inside, I was greeted by an amazing aroma and I knew that I wasn't going to be able to pass up the beautiful pies I saw in the bakery case. A pretty coffee mug caught my eye in the gift section of the shop and I bought it as a functional souvenir. The blueberry pie was delicious! I found a table on the upper floor and enjoyed the breeze through the open doors and the light conversation around me. If I lived here I would probably spend way too much time in this place!

1  Thank Erica1990
Reviewed January 29, 2012

great coffee, great pastries, location is very cool

Reviewed January 9, 2012

I have lived in North County for nearly thirty years, and have enjoyed the last twenty or so with a coffee, tea, quick bite and wonderful conversation at the locals' favorite spot- the Pannikin. Carol and Sean, the owners, take great care and pride in every drink or food item they serve. Only the best ingredients go into each and every sip or bite their patrons enjoy. Long before some "chain" made coffee shops over-commercialized, over-priced and without true flavor, there was the Pannikin- serving one terrific cup at a time. And if you are looking for a reasonably priced and unique gift for yourself or a friend, Carol's gift shop is always filled to the brim with surprises. She lovingly hand-wraps each gift- another Pannikin exclusive. Stop by; I guarantee you will not be disappointed with the service, location, atmosphere, and more importantly- the coffee/tea and food!

4  Thank TahitiNorthCounty
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stumbled upon Pannikin when taking our first drivie along the Californian coast to San Diego. This quirky and unique coffee/tea house is fantastic. My partner loves coffee and it was the first time on our US trip that he was actually happy. I am a tea lover and was so impressed with the different varieties. Good luck trying to exercise any kind of will power with all the cakes and muffins on display. Definitely get the carrot cake which is still the best I have ever eaten. The slice was huge so probably best to share. Grab a nice table on the deck in the sun or sit inside. We loved Pannikin so much we stopped on the way back to LA.

1  Thank KatJames