“Killer food -super good deal”
Review of Juanitas Taco Shop

Juanitas Taco Shop
Ranked #17 of 300 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Killer food -super good deal”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Finally ate here after seeing it on the road for years and am so happy. Great food and inexpensive. Get the tostada or carnitas tacos.

New York
“Cheap and Cheerful”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I dropped into Juanitas early evening on the way back to my motel. On opening the door, the guy behind the counter warmly welcomed me, I couldn't even begin to come to terms with the menu so I asked for his advice. He recommended a California Burrito and then proceeded to describe the ingredients in some detail but as I understood about one in every five words I simply nodded, smiled and ordered one.

Ok, a California Burrito is FRENCH FRIES, steak and cheese in a tortilla! What the hell? A couple of these would be amazing after a few hours of solid drinking, but sober I could only feel my arteries clogging with saturated fat.

Can see myself returning but will order more thoughtfully next time.

• Visited January 2013
Minnesota
“Juanitas a local secret.”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you love southern Californian mexican food, you will love this place. Their specialty is carnitas, and its fantastic. So is everything on the menu. The atmosphere is interesting. The place is small and certainly not fancy. But the food is fabulous and the price is right. It's hard to find better value.

Visited December 2012
New York
“Very tasty cheap Mexican food!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stopped in for burritos - carne asado, pollo and steak. All well prepared and exactly as we ordered. Nice crispy chips and spicy salsa were very good too. The green sauce is awesome and it's definitely worth picking up some pickled carrots from the bin - they are very tasty. Overall, solid authentic food. Would return!

• Visited December 2012
San Diego, California
“Best Carne Asada in North County”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

And their hot sauce is fantastic too! I love that it is never too crowded, since it is a little bit a way from the strand of shops in Encinitas. I have loved everything I have ordered here. I have never had a mediocre experience.

Visited October 2012