All reviews moonlight beach room was clean small lobby gas station continental breakfast downtown encinitas off the highway half mile plenty of parking san diego easy access great price bagels dennys acres microwave coaster
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This property is NOT a 3.5 star rating and not up to the quality that I expect from Wyndham. Exterior is dirty (inside, the rooms are clean), rooms are small, hotel as a whole is very old and dated. Bathrooms are small, cheap fixtures and even cheaper shower curtain and bar... very disappointed with the facility. Location is excellent for what we were doing/going. But, that is the extent. 2 star facility at best, and I am NOT a snob that expects too much.

Room tip: Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Did I mention location? The location alone was my primary reason for choosing this Days Inn. Reasonable nightly rates came in a close second. The exterior decor and facilities could use an intensive renovation, but my overall experience rating of four stars was deservingly earned. The managers and staff provided quality service both during my stay, as well as after my stay. An issue did arise during my stay, but was reasonably resolved well after I had checked out of my room. Thank you:)

There is a continental breakfast provided in the relatively small lobby. Seating may be an issue for large parties, even with two small outside tables. It offered most basic breakfast items, which was sufficient to keep me content until lunch time. There is a pool across from the lobby entrance. It is small, but with the beach only a fifteen minute walk(for most active individuals) it is better suited for the kids.

Again did I mention location? It is ideally located near Moonlight Beach, downtown Encinitas(with many local bars, restaurants, and shops), the freeway, and the Encinitas train station(COASTER service only). Besides the freeway(no reason to, other than other local establishments that may suit your dining needs, or provide necessary items for your travels), you can easily walk to any of these destinations.

Though my visit occurred in May, and I did drive my own personal vehicle to the property; the entire duration of my stay at the property involved zero driving. I attended the annual SoCal Taco Fest at Waterfront Park, listened to the waves crashing at Moonlight Beach with moonlight peeking out from the clouds(seriously they do not call it Moonlight Beach for nothing!), watched my hometown Padre's take on the Pirates at Petco Park(we lost), and enjoyed the nightly ambiance at the fine dining establishments and watering holes of downtown Encinitas, all without turning the key to the ignition of my vehicle. It did rain during my visit, but that was not an issue...;)

So if you are young and active, or even a family with children old enough to endure a very physically active vacation, you can essentially visit the coastal areas, most major urban areas of cities within San Diego County, and most popular tourist attractions, without ever turning a key to start a vehicle. There are plenty of bicycle app rentals, scooter app rentals(always wear a helmet and be extremely cautious when operating), and ride share app options as well to provide necessary assistance; if the task is too daunting to solely rely on public or rail transportation... Days Inn by Wyndham Encinitas Moonlight Beach is nicely central, thus making your plan of attack to tackle both South County and North County within reach. Didn't I mention location?

Is it impossible to visit San Diego County without driving a vehicle? Nope it is not impossible. My visit just proved it can be done. I challenge individuals who are environmentally conscious to do so.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed September 5, 2019

Property is rundown, rooms are small. Tub and toilet are old showing a lot of wear. Bed was not comfortable and no blanket.. just sheet and thin cover. The pillows were even like half of a normal pillow size. Weird. I would not stay again.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 13, 2019

I will never go to another "Days Inn" again. The elevator makes a sound like it is grinding gears and made me feel as if it was going to collapse. The people that ran the front desk were friendly but they never mentioned the elevator issue. Later when I asked the front desk person about the elevator he said that he had only been on it once. He uses the stairs now. The floors in the room were not well cared for. The breakfast was sub par as compared to your competitors. I will be advising all of my friends to avoid "Days Inn" at all costs. The closest ice machine was on the opposite side of the building on the first floor. In short, this was a disaster.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
Esequiel R, Front Office Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Encinitas Moonlight Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2019

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with us. It will be our goal to address these issues regarding the elevator to prevent any future occurrences.Your review will be duly noted to ensure no other guest experiences the dissatisfaction you endured while with us. We will certainly address these concerns in hopes to better serve you and other guests in the future. Again, on behalf of my entire time we're extremely sorry to hear that your stay was inadequate. We hope to have the opportunity to make a more positive, lasting impression in the near future.
Sincerely, Esequiel Ramirez Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed August 8, 2019

I stay at this Days Inn every time I am traveling on Amtrak. The location is great as it is next to Interstate 5 and only 10 minutes from the train station. The rooms are always comfortable and clean. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Esequiel R, Front Office Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Encinitas Moonlight Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. We as a team are delighted that you enjoyed our services. Our dedicated staff will be pleased to learn of your high praise. We also look forward to serving you again in the future at Days Inn by Wyndham Encinitas Moonlight Beach Thank you, once again, for your kind words. Sincerely, Esequiel Ramirez Front Office Supervisor