“Surcharges for room safe”

Days Inn Encinitas- Moonlight Beach
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Encinitas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Spearfish, South Dakota
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed 3 days November 7-10 and had a great stay. We didn't rent a car because we didn't want the added expense, so the location of this hotel was amazing. It's directly across from Subway, Little Caeser's pizza, Wendy's, Petco, and there's a Denny's practically in the parking lot. Right down the street from a CVS and local grocery store, bakeries, multiple restaurants, coffee shops, and the Main Street of Encinitas, Highway 101. A very short walk to Moonlight State Beach. We also walked to the San Diego Botanic Garden with ease, it's about a mile away.
The hotel room was on the smaller size, but perfect for my husband and I. The water pressure was good in the shower, had hot water the whole time, and the bathroom was large. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful! Their continental breakfast was limited but had multiple selections; different flavored bagels, different muffins, fruit, apple & orange juice, bread, Danishes.
The only downside was that the bed was very hard for what we're used to, the walls are paper thin, and the noise from people walking by on our floor was extremely loud.
Otherwise we had an amazing stay!! Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to go to the beach and pay a good price!

• Stayed November 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We called a few hotels in the area, but Jennifer (the girl at the front desk) clinched the deal by being very helpful and courteous on the phone. Indeed, when we came to check out the hotel, it was in a very convenient location, close to the beach and downtown, the room was very clean and quiet with comfortable beds and all necessary amenities. I wanted to use my reward points for the reservation, and Jennifer again being very helpful let me use her computer to make the reservation online and promptly checked us in, also giving us a good rate for the second night. Will definitely stay there again when in the area!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
daysinn133, General Manager at Days Inn Encinitas- Moonlight Beach, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
We are delighted to hear we were able to assist you with your reservation and provide you with great service. Your review has been shared with Jennifer and the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the Encinitas area!

Maria Rebollar, General Manager 760-944-0260
LosAngeles
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The room is clean, bed was fine and the location is in proximity to everything.The windows and insulation made it so that I could not hear the freeway that is close by. The staff was nice . Having said that, the TV was fuzzy on half the channels( ABC, NBC- prime stations) included, so I could not enjoy my football team playing on this Sunday-Nov. 3rd. I ended up going out to a sports bar and spending money after buying beer for the fridge and to view inside the room. I also could not use the internet on my lap top. So I really quite feel that Days Inn owes me something, as the password would not come up even after the front desk clerk tried to help me with it. After checking my lap top at a different location, I found that it was working just fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your stay, as we know you have many options when traveling. We are sorry to hear your stay fell short of the quality amenities we strive to provide our guests. I have reviewed the issues you experienced with the TV with our maintenance team to ensure the issue is corrected for the future. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to earn back your patronage during your next visit. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further.

Maria Rebollar, General Manager 760-944-0260
Tulsa
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Location was very convenient. The room was quiet and very clean. The amenities were great - everything anyone could ask for was provided. I was very pleased!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Encinitas
Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites At Moonlight Beach
Portofino Beach Inn
Portofino Beach Inn
#9 of 9 in Encinitas
Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area
Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - ...
#2 of 2 in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Rodeway Inn - Encinitas
Rodeway Inn - Encinitas
#8 of 9 in Encinitas
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
#1 of 2 in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort

Been to Days Inn Encinitas- Moonlight Beach? Share your experiences!