“A Restaurant Run Right!”
Review of Islands

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Islands
Ranked #95 of 314 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 10, 2013

A meal is often better when everything is in harmony. Such is the case with my visit today to Islands Restaurant in Encinitas California. I had been there before and quite pleased then. But I forgot exactly why until I walked in for this visit. Upon my approach a greeter opened the door presented a nice smile and invited me in. I selected to sit in the bar area since I was dining alone and selected a table where I could see others as they entered the restaurant. They too, were greeted by smiles. I ordered one of their famous hamburgers from my waitress, Julie, and new I was in line for some great service. The food and beverage were delivered promptly and the hamburger was very tasty, substantial in size, and the fries were hot in crisp.

Although I was there for the food, I couldn’t help but notice how clean and bright the restaurant was. Each employee seemed happy and dedicated to making sure the visitors were pleased as well. No less than five waiters stopped by to see if they could get anything for me. No doubt great management makes a great difference. I would not hesitate to recommend the Islands in Encinitas to anyone who desires a casual lunch.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Huge choice of first-class burgers and unusually tasty french fries, coupled with friendly service. Unfortunately there is little variety on the menu. Notable exception: a tasty Greek chicken salad. Very good Happy Hour (in the bar, of course).

Reviewed October 27, 2012

When we are in the mood for a burger, my wife and I always go to Islands Encinitas. We've been to most Island locations in the North San Diego area, but we find the Encinitas the best run of them all. The staff, especially the bar area, are always top notch, ie: quick to take your order, and keep your drinks filled. We've been going for years and have found there is little staff turnover, we've seen the same servers and bartenders for years, a good sign the people are happy working there and it's well managed. I always get the Pipeline (chili burger), and my wife normally has the tacos. We find them consistently good. Tip: To avoid the waiting line, even on the weekends, arrive @ 7:30 or later. We can almost always find a table in the bar area to watch a game.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I have been to other Islands restaurants but it seemed to be more on the greasy side. This islands was not that way. Really good and tasty food. We will definitely go back to Islands again.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

We ordered the Chicken tortilla soup again and it was supposed to be the endless bowl of soup. Well it takes 20-25 minutes to get the next bowl.. not really prompt service and wait staff is slow.....

1  Thank meme_1010