“Quiet, Safe and comfortable! I couldn't ask for more!”

Rodeway Inn - Encinitas
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Encinitas
Eldorado, Illinois
“Quiet, Safe and comfortable! I couldn't ask for more!”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My son was stationed at Camp Pendleton and he knew i would be travelling with a family friend so he suggested we stay outisde Oceanside. He didn't feel that Oceanside was "safe" for two women traveling alone. We chose Ocean Inn Hotel. From my very first phone call to make the reservation to our departure, I never doubted our decision. We were made very welcome and comfortable. They gave us wonderful sugestions for dinner and sightseeing. Our room was spotless and the beds were comfortable. It was so quiet. If you are looking for nightlife though, this is not the place. However, it was perfect for us. If you are looking for a quiet, clean hotel with wonderful staff, at an affordable price, this is the place for you. I would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank MSKBZW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
San Jose, California
Reviewed September 3, 2011

My family stayed here for a weekend while attending a friend's wedding in Carlsbad. For me, the room rates are a little high for what is basically a clean and adequate place to stay for the night, although it seems like reasonable value for the area based on comparing with other places on the internet (we've never stayed in the area before so can't speak from personal experience). No frills - the amenities, bedding, and fixtures don't seem to have been updated in quite some time, and the room was a little dark, although the free wi-fi is a big plus and worked fine for us. The staff are uniformly excellent, very friendly and helpful. Beds are on the firm side, which was fine for us. The beach is physically nearby as the crow flies, but we had to walk a good way to find an access point to the beach (which involved a lot of damp stairs and negotiating around surfers with surfboards). Breakfast is basically toast, packaged danishes, and coffee and orange juice. The hotel is right on the highway, and could be noisy for the rooms on that side of the hotel - our room was away from the street so it was very quiet. For what it is, it's perfectly reasonable, but nothing "special" if you're looking for something more than just a place to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank kyopo123
Solana Beach, California
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We only stayed one night before moving on to more comfortable accommodations. The room was dark and cramped and had the old motel feel. Something about old motel bedspreads and decor from the 70s just creeps me out. Also, old pillows and mattresses just seem dirty to me. There was a very nice gentleman working at the front desk when we checked out and we enjoyed talking with him.

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank beachmamaesq
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We booked this hotel at the last minute and most others in the area were already fully booked. The hotel was clean and a good value for the location. The bed was not super comfortable and the toilet was very loud. Thought it would be closer to the beach based on the website, but still not too bad. We arrived early and our room was not ready. We were told to come back at 3 and it still wasn't ready. A little frustrating, but they eventually moved us to another room that was ready. Breakfast was free, but nothing to get excited about. Overall, worked well for our needs, but with more advanced planning, would prefer to find something a little more upscale and closer to the beach.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gstove
El Dorado Hills
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I had positive feelings about the Ocean Inn from the minute I spoke with Victor, the manager. My daughter was being married in the San Diego area during the busiest weekend of the year due to Comic Con convention, and rooms were scarce and expensive. Victor secured 8 rooms for our family and friends (we eventually used 7) at a reasonable rate, and provided calm, helpful advice throughout the process. I was also impressed with web site, which provided a lot of helpful info about the area. We gathered for happy hour at outside tables, and staff allowed us to bring chairs from breakfast room so there was seating for all. When it was time to go to Moonstone Beach for rehersal picnic, Brian (another helpful staff member) made an annoucement with driving/parking directions. Although I wouldn't call the rooms a decorator's delight, and they were a bit dark, the beds were very comfortable and I was surprised at how quiet the room was with no vacancy that weekend. I had the best night's sleep in ages the night before the wedding. On the morning of the wedding, I took a walk to the nearest beach and loved the "grand view" from the stairway leading to it. My daughter and her husband live in the area, and we will certainly be back to the Ocean Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Grandma_Kathy
Austell, Georgia
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We recently spent three nights at this wonderful hotel in Encinitas. The rooms were very nice and the beds were some of the most comfortable I have experienced at any hotel regardless of price. We both like firmer beds and we felt like we were at home. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect; we were able to walk to numerous restaurants and shops. Other areas of town were a short drive away.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and I believe this to be quieter than rooms on the first floor. Th...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dldaustell
Southold, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I was greeted well and given a room away from the road. The rooms were adequate and I had a good night's sleep. All was going well until I tried to take a shower in the AM. I called the front desk and they came promptly to check it out but couldn't fix it. They offered me a different room but I didn't have any confidence another room would be better. Hopefully an occurance like this is rare but I had to be concerned as a working shower is a basic requirement for a hotel room in my book!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Daisycat75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Encinitas
Portofino Beach Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
#1 of 2 in Cardiff-by-the-Sea

Been to Rodeway Inn - Encinitas? Share your experiences!