“Charming B&B near the beach” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Moonlight Beach

Inn at Moonlight Beach
Ranked #3 of 5 Encinitas B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Charming B&B near the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I had the best time possible in the San Diego. The moonlight room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was absolutely delicious. Ann and Terry made us feel right at home. We would definitely come back!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Penthouse Suite 10/14 and had a truly unique experience. Everything that you can read and see about on her website is true, but the level of trust and help Ann displayed in a time of need for us was purely incredible. After going downtown to get dinner, I woke up to Ann letting me know at 8:30 AM that all the oil had spilled out of my car. Knowing I had to take my GF to LAX by 2 PM to catch her flight, she had a trustworthy tow truck number and european car mechanic right across the street, the Amtrak schedule to get her up to LA in time and then drove her there. After we narrowly missed the train by one minute, she offered to let me drive her there in her Jeep 90 miles away and come back. I had only spoken with her for 5 minutes prior to this. This experience helped restore my faith in humanity. The room was great, the hot tub with an ocean view was also very enjoyable and i'm looking forward to coming back!

3 Thank Ryan B
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I just returned from spending three days at The Inn at Moonlight Beach--our new favorite place to stay in San Diego. Ann and Terry, the owners, made us feel as if we were personal friends visiting in their home. The suite we had reserved was perfect: the most comfortable bed ever!!, beautiful linens, a spacious bedroom and bath, a spa and a fabulous view of the ocean. Ann's delicious carrot bread, eggs and fruit plate arrived at 7:30 and after breakfast we spent an hour relaxing with coffee and newspapers in the breakfast room. There were maps and books describing places to go in Encinitas (this charming beach town is another great find); most were within walking distance of the Inn. We started with a walk on the beach and spent hours strolling around. On Ann's recommendation we dined at Third Corner--great salmon, pate and wine. We've stayed at many hotels and B&Bs in San Diego, but have decided this Inn is our favorite. Thanks, Ann and Terry and Max!

Room Tip: Penthouse suite has a wonderful view. One morning it rained and afterwards there was a rainbow over...
Aliso Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband & I celebrated our 9 year anniversary at the Inn at Moonlight Beach. It was a wonderful experience! It was very clean, quiet, peaceful and a romantic place to stay. We enjoyed our penthouse suite with a beautiful view and relaxing hot tub on the patio! The breakfast was a special treat for us! Everything was fresh and very good! It was nice to be able to walk from the Inn to see the town and have dinner. We also thought the trains passing by was a neat experience. We can't wait to get back and would highly recommend this B&B to everyone!

1 Thank Heather G
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the Serenity suite was very inviting and comfortable. Ann always provides the most delicious breakfasts and her quiche and baked goods, along with the beautiful fruit plate, were delivered at 7:30 am. What a great way to start our day before heading to the beach for our morning walk! We feel like treasured "friends" each time we have been there. We will definitely look forward to our next visit.

1 Thank Pam M
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Very much enjoyed my stay in this charming B&B, the bed was very comfortable and window overlooked a little garden outside. The breakfast with fruit, homemade baked good and coffee was perfect and on the morning when I awoke to a rainey day there was a fire in the fireplace.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MoooMoo
Ipswich, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We can't say enough about the Inn at Moonlight Beach B&B. We stayed in the serenity suite and the name sums it up. Comfortable, bright and airy! Lots of windows to let in the warm California breezes. Ann made incredible baked goods for each breakfast, so delicious and the fresh fruit was out of this world. We can't wait to get back to the west coast and stay again in Encinitas at the Inn at Moonlight Beach.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank marthaips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Encinitas
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
Portofino Beach Inn
#9 of 9 in Encinitas
Days Inn Encinitas- Legoland Moonlight Beach
Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Cardiff Beach Area
Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - ...
#2 of 2 in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort

Been to Inn at Moonlight Beach? Share your experiences!