“Excellent!”

Ranked #36 of 304 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe for breakfast, fresh juices & vegetarian fare amid surf murals & patio seats.
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Fresh and healthy with abundant options (including lot's of vegetarian and vegan). We visited Swami's around lunch time and they were very busy. This is an order at the counter place and they deliver the food.They had a line out the door but despite that, the employees were very nice and welcoming. Our visit to Swami's was on the last day of our vacation but I want to go back! The food was colorful and abundant!

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We stopped just needing a little pick-me-up and loved this little place. Although our muffins and coffee (10 varieties from which to choose) were very good, watching others' plates come out will make us return. The staff was friendly and on top of everything and the menu had a wide variety to please all. We're glad we stopped in!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was in Encinitas visiting my brother for 3 days and I went here twice, just for the Acai bowl! The first day, I had also ordered an iced tea which they didn't bring with the bowl and then told me it wasn't on my order....Ummm I paid 12 bucks, I know I ordered it. Anyway, the bowl was delicious! Most of the berries (raspberry, black berry, blueberry) are frozen but the bananas and strawberries weren't. I don't have a problem with frozen berries but they are not hard as rocks. The second time I went, I just got the bowl. Still delicious!
Great little place near the ocean and the Meditation Gardens. Parking is limited but that seems to be a widespread issue in Cali, not just there.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

A good local place to meet and have a great cup o joe. Nice friendly staff, mellow local vibe- everyone is not all screwed down tight. They have small eats and sandwiches too I will have to try beigel and locks etc... The barista even made a neat-o little picture in foam on the top of my coffee, all would have been a bummer if the coffee wasn't excellent. My friend had the Mexican mocha which was also delicious.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stopped in for lunch last week and were not disappointed! Swami's has massive burritos, enough to split one if you both like the same kind. Otherwise, you will have leftovers, or, if you've just finished surfing, maybe not. We both favor the black bean burrito + chicken. I had the beetroot juice - YUM. This is the kind of place you wait in line to place and pay for your order, and a server brings your order out to you. Tip: if you have time, walk across the street and up the hill to take a 10-15 minute tour of Swami's gardens. They are beautiful zen inspired meditation gardens with gorgeous views from the cliffs over the sea. The cost of entry if free.