“Liked it so much I visited again... Solo!! Best trip ever!”

Surfhouse Adventures
Ranked #3 of 12 Tours in Encinitas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Surfhouse Adventures is located in Encinitas, California, one of the top 5 rated surf towns in the world. Their experienced guides will take you to some of the best waves in southern California and aim to give you the most memorable surf experience of your life. You will share some of our favorite local surf spots and give you the feel of what it’s like to surf like a local. From conquering the whitewater to getting comfortable in the line-up, surfers of all levels will discover that surfing is not just a sport, it’s a lifestyle.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

I had so much fun last year with these guys in Encinitas I wanted to go back. So I decided to travel on my own from the UK, and had the best week of my life.

Nikki picked me up from the airport in San Diego (with a return too) which took a load of my mind, especially with travelling alone.

There is so much too see and do and if you're really active there's no stopping you! Early morning walks, 6am doughnuts, bike rides (with the bike provided), yoga, exercise classes, beach walks, water activities... It's endless!! Don't even get me started on the food, so. many. amazing. local. options.

Plus there's always something going on within the community. When I was there there was an organised beach clean up, Summer Fun on the 101 festival with lots of local music and businesses coming together and probably a morning yoga session on the beach... I'd definitely recommend using Instagram to find out what events are happening. If not Nikki will for sure tell you about the local buzz.

It's also a good trip for if you just wanted to chill as well, all the locals are amazingly friendly and it'll feel just like home. There are so many shops and beaches to check out. Nikki and Sander give you all the info you need to make you want to get out there and explore everything possible.

The morning water activities with Nikki are so much fun you'll need a nap just to recover for the rest of the day! I was (attempting... but improving :D) surfing and even learnt how to stand up paddle which was awesome. In my own time I could surf or bodyboard as I had the equipment in my room which was so kind! Breakfast supplies were even provided so I didn't have to worry about that! I honestly had the best time and will be visiting as often as I can.

These guys truly go out of their way to make sure you have the best time before you even arrive. While you're there it's so laid back and Californian it'll be hard having to say goodbye to the place!

I'm so excited for the launch of Surf House, it's going to be so awesome! Get down there! I never thought I'd travel on my own but exploring Leucadia and Encinitas for a week really made me feel at home. Thanks guys!!

1  Thank Samantha G
in 11 reviews
"board"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed February 16, 2016

Nikki spent several days happily showing me around all of the surf breaks around San Diego to round out my west coast surf fest. From playful beach breaks to the pumping reefs of La Jolla, I was able to find waves that suited my level of surfing and figure out where to avoid the crowds and play nice with the locals. During the days and nights I was shown all of the best taco shops, burrito stands, and where to get coffee and ding repair kits. Evenings were fun hanging out with the locals at the local watering holes and being the unofficial mayor of Encinitas Nikki and California Surf Adventures made me feel like a part of the family and the community. And the waves were pumping!

2  Thank DeepDownInTheOcean
Reviewed January 21, 2016

Shredding huge variety of perfect waves, eating best food, and enjoying california lifestyle. Those guys made me feel like a local. Must visit position!

1  Thank m0rda
Reviewed December 8, 2015

We had the best time with California Surf Adventures! We had a lot of fun and were really well taken care of. Nikki and Sander were really helpful and welcoming and showed us around in Encinitas and San Diego. We were a bit unfortunate with the weather during a couple of days of our surf week, but they did what they could to make us happy and instead took us stand up paddle boarding one morning. These friendly and hospitable guys will really do what they can to make your stay great! However, an early morning surf session followed by a breakfast burrito is the best way to start your day :)