Review Highlights
Can't Speak Highly Enough of their Surf Camps!

Reviewed August 6, 2018
Diana S
dont waste time looking for the perfect break. HIRE NIKKI!!!

Reviewed January 27, 2018
Richardthebeast
Virginia Beach, Virginia

All reviews surf house surf guide surf trip learn how nikki surfing board beach
Reviewed August 6, 2018

I'm not sure what it was about this but everything was so wonderful. Nikki is an absolute amazing host and has this incredible ability to make everyone feel welcome and almost like family. I stayed at Surfhouse for 5 nights for a intensive surf camp.

If you are having any doubts about this, don't. This was one of my favorite adventures/vacations I've been on and I've been all over the world. I was a very beginner surfer coming into this trip and by the end was catching 3 foot waves. Nikki is so patient and can really make it easy for anyone to learn how to surf. The rooms were so cute, I stayed in one of the bunk bed rooms. The hotel had all kinds of other toys to use like electric bikes and boogey boards for the beach. The beach is about a 3 minute walk (uphill and downhill) but not too bad. Tons of cute shops and restaurants around that are walkable.

Book this!! No joke, you won't regret it one bit. Nikki, you are the best!

Reviewed January 27, 2018

spent a few days at surf house with my son. asked nikki to spend some time surfing with us. didn't know what to expect but exceeded every expectation I had. nikki was the absolute best instructor for my son. he took him from an average east coast surfer to an experienced west coast surfer. was like one of my son's friends for the week. my son loved him and learned a lot. I don't surf but also enjoyed hanging out with nikki. absolute gracious host for us both. made our trip very special. would highly recommend him as a surf guide. you will waste so much time looking for the perfect uncrowded break but he gets you there with no fuss. makes your time much more wisely spent!! don't go surfing without Nikki guiding you.

Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

Had a business trip out west and decided to tack on a couple of extra days and surf the Encinitas area. Some online research led me to this place, and the pictures looked great and they rented surfboards and I put in a call and spoke to co-owner Nikki and he was very helpful, recommended surf breaks and told me what boards he had, etc. The room was modern /hip with a surf motif. Super clean and comfortable.The location, basically a 5 minute walk to Beacons (with a surfboard under your arm…), or 3 minute bike ride on one of their free bikes, coffee coffee, surfy surfy, El Papagayo and other shops a one minute walk away, made this very comfortable. Hot outdoor shower, reasonable price daily rentals , and advice by texting anytime you wanted, make me highly recommend this place. I will probably come again around the same time next year (week after Thanksgiving).

Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

Our host Nicky just made this trip one I will never forget! He knew everyone and everything about the local area including where to surf and where to eat.

The accommodations were excellent, clean, and very classy. Great attention to detail. Hands down best place to stay on a surf trip either solo or with friends & family.

I will stay here again and can’t say enough good things about my experience.

Thanks Nicky & Crew!

Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

I had so much fun last year with these guys in Encinitas I wanted to go back. So I decided to travel on my own from the UK, and had the best week of my life.

Nikki picked me up from the airport in San Diego (with a return too) which took a load of my mind, especially with travelling alone.

There is so much too see and do and if you're really active there's no stopping you! Early morning walks, 6am doughnuts, bike rides (with the bike provided), yoga, exercise classes, beach walks, water activities... It's endless!! Don't even get me started on the food, so. many. amazing. local. options.

Plus there's always something going on within the community. When I was there there was an organised beach clean up, Summer Fun on the 101 festival with lots of local music and businesses coming together and probably a morning yoga session on the beach... I'd definitely recommend using Instagram to find out what events are happening. If not Nikki will for sure tell you about the local buzz.

It's also a good trip for if you just wanted to chill as well, all the locals are amazingly friendly and it'll feel just like home. There are so many shops and beaches to check out. Nikki and Sander give you all the info you need to make you want to get out there and explore everything possible.

The morning water activities with Nikki are so much fun you'll need a nap just to recover for the rest of the day! I was (attempting... but improving :D) surfing and even learnt how to stand up paddle which was awesome. In my own time I could surf or bodyboard as I had the equipment in my room which was so kind! Breakfast supplies were even provided so I didn't have to worry about that! I honestly had the best time and will be visiting as often as I can.

These guys truly go out of their way to make sure you have the best time before you even arrive. While you're there it's so laid back and Californian it'll be hard having to say goodbye to the place!

I'm so excited for the launch of Surf House, it's going to be so awesome! Get down there! I never thought I'd travel on my own but exploring Leucadia and Encinitas for a week really made me feel at home. Thanks guys!!

1  Thank Samantha G
Reviewed February 16, 2016

Nikki spent several days happily showing me around all of the surf breaks around San Diego to round out my west coast surf fest. From playful beach breaks to the pumping reefs of La Jolla, I was able to find waves that suited my level of surfing and figure out where to avoid the crowds and play nice with the locals. During the days and nights I was shown all of the best taco shops, burrito stands, and where to get coffee and ding repair kits. Evenings were fun hanging out with the locals at the local watering holes and being the unofficial mayor of Encinitas Nikki and California Surf Adventures made me feel like a part of the family and the community. And the waves were pumping!

2  Thank DeepDownInTheOcean
Reviewed January 21, 2016

Shredding huge variety of perfect waves, eating best food, and enjoying california lifestyle. Those guys made me feel like a local. Must visit position!

1  Thank m0rda
Reviewed December 8, 2015

We had the best time with California Surf Adventures! We had a lot of fun and were really well taken care of. Nikki and Sander were really helpful and welcoming and showed us around in Encinitas and San Diego. We were a bit unfortunate with the weather during a couple of days of our surf week, but they did what they could to make us happy and instead took us stand up paddle boarding one morning. These friendly and hospitable guys will really do what they can to make your stay great! However, an early morning surf session followed by a breakfast burrito is the best way to start your day :)

Reviewed September 20, 2015 via mobile

I honestly would have never have experienced California the way Nikki & Sander showed us had it not been for them! The day I came back to the UK my friend & I were looking at flights to return to Encinitas asap! They're so thoughtful, fun & attentive they made my trip 100% more exciting than I could have planned alone. Forever appreciative, you guys are the best! Hopefully see you again soon! ☀️

Reviewed September 17, 2015

Nikki and Sander have something very special. From booking to leaving, no stone was left unturned, but of course, their local knowledge ensured this special trip for my kids, made the very best of their surfing ability in the most beautiful settings.
After a road trip down PCH1 from San Francisco, we were all very excited to arrive at the motel that they sorted for us in Del Mar. I couldn't have asked for better accommodation. Suffice to say the week went far to quickly and was rammed with surf, food and sights that will stay with us forever.
Don't dilly dally, you won't get a more authentic California Surf Adventure ...:0)x