“Delicious outdoor dining”
Review of Trattoria I Trulli

Trattoria I Trulli
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria I Trulli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 304 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between G & H Street
Transit: Encinitas Coaster stop 3 blocks North and 1 block East of our location
Description: Cozy and quaint setting that will bring you back to Italia! A true trattoria one would find roadside in Tuscany. Our cuisine is traditional authentic Italian. With many classical dishes including homemade lasagne, our classic ricotta & spinach ravioli and gnocchi made in house daily. Bread fresh from the oven every morning compliments our garlicky Sicilian tomato pesto dipping sauce. A rock star wine list with more than 100 bottles offered at every price point and more than 20 wines by the glass to choose from. Daily specials are more contemporary Italian with a range of game meats including rabbit, venison, quail and bison using produce and recipes of the season. Gluten-free & whole grain pastas are available as well as a wide variety of vegetarian items to choose from. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and high quality products for an enchanting experience for all of our guests. Raise your glass and fill your soul with heart and goodness ~ cheers!
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a restaurant where we could sit outdoors on a lovely day with a chilly breeze. Trattoria I Trulli has a tiny porch where we could eat outside and it was protected from the breeze, making it a very pleasant way to do lunch.

We ordered wine from a very extensive list and were brought the list of specials and regular menu items. I ordered a delicious dish called Pollo 101 (as the restaurant is located on highway 101). The chicken was cooked perfectly and was stuffed with cheeses which made getting to the middle a delightful tasteful surprise. The mushroom sauce with a brown gravy was delicious. And, unlike back home in NJ, the accompaniment wasn't pasta. I was thrilled to see a good portion of perfectly done sauted veggies - carrots, zucchini, broccoli, and potatoes.

I had only two disappointments. The restaurant is located on a busy street which made it a little noisy. And while we were given delicious warm bread, the only accompaniment to it was a cold marinara sauce, which I liked but my husband didn't.

All in all, a wonderful lunch.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We met some good friends last night for dinner at Trattoria I Trull and had a wonderful meal. Good service, great food reasonable prices. The fried calamari appetizer was fabulous, tender and delicious. My husband and I split the linguine with fresh crab, the portions were surprisingly large we were both very satisfied. Our friends had spaghetti with fresh mozzarella cheese and loved it. The minestrone soup was fantastic.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Delicious meals prepared quickly despite being packed every night. Wine a bit expensive and don't like the Encinitas rule about ok to have dogs on the sidewalk and you can eat a meal there, but no wine allowed.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great appetizer, great dinner, great wine. Had dinner with friends who had lived in Italy, at their suggestion. I've got to say that this was one of the best Italian dinners I've ever had. A little pricey, but well worth it. We started with clams then had pasta, fish, and chicken. Plenty of food, great quality. Parking was limited but that is the only criticism I could find. Plan on a several hour feast.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a quaint street-side trattoria on the main street of the ocean village of Encinitas. I would recommend eating inside unless you don't mind the traffic and pedestrian noise that comes with sidewalk dining. The dining room is not large with the tables VERY close together; sometimes it can be a problem squeezing into your seat depending on who is behind/beside you. Food is delicious, and the wine list is good. Service is excellent. I think the beef lasagna is just the best, and my husband always loves the cioppino all pugliese. The romana salad is a great way to start, and the house tiramisu a great way to end. You will need reservations if you wish to eat here on a busy night!!