“Charming Italian Place. Good Food”
Review of Trattoria I Trulli

Trattoria I Trulli
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria I Trulli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 302 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between G & H Street
Transit: Encinitas Coaster stop 3 blocks North and 1 block East of our location
Description: Cozy and quaint setting that will bring you back to Italia! A true trattoria one would find roadside in Tuscany. Our cuisine is traditional authentic Italian. With many classical dishes including homemade lasagne, our classic ricotta & spinach ravioli and gnocchi made in house daily. Bread fresh from the oven every morning compliments our garlicky Sicilian tomato pesto dipping sauce. A rock star wine list with more than 100 bottles offered at every price point and more than 20 wines by the glass to choose from. Daily specials are more contemporary Italian with a range of game meats including rabbit, venison, quail and bison using produce and recipes of the season. Gluten-free & whole grain pastas are available as well as a wide variety of vegetarian items to choose from. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and high quality products for an enchanting experience for all of our guests. Raise your glass and fill your soul with heart and goodness ~ cheers!
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stopped in with two co-workers on a business trip. The wine list is an absolutely impressive mostly-Italian list. You could definitely splurge there! The food was relatively good I had the house salad with a lovely light vinagraite and delicious veal marsala. The best part was the "crispy" sauteed vegteables served on the side. One co-worker had the sea-bass but stated it was a little overrun with tomatoes. They were out of all deserts except tiramisu, and I was really jonesing for the berry napoleons!

There are newer reviews for Trattoria I Trulli

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had lunch with an outside table right along the sidewalk. Our wine and water arrived in a very timely fashion. It was a very good lunch and we both enjoyed our entrees. I had the Cioppino and my wife had the Risotto. The presentation on both was good and the service adequate. I would have preferred a little more seasoning in the Cioppino broth. They did neglect to bring a spare dish for all the shells from the mussels, clams, shrimp claws, etc. When I mentioned it, they said that they usually do that, but just forgot. Oh well. The prices are reasonable and the location, in downtown Ecinitas is convenient for a quick lunch or a leisurely dinner. We did have a good time watching the passing parade of vehicles and people. A nice place to dine and people watch. We'll most likely give it a try for dinner sometime soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was not at all blown away by their wine or their food. I overpaid ($23) for a steak filet that was tasteless. The calamari appetizer did not taste fresh, and the bread basket was common. Maitre' D was nice.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I love that many on staff are Italian. The food is consistently amazing and the atmosphere is good. There is usually a wait, so get there early or be prepared to wait a while.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Decided to check out Trattoria I Trulli for restaurant week and were very happy we did. Since they were all booked up for the weekend we made our reservation for a Tuesday night. I have never been here before and was surprised at how small the restaurant is. We sat outside and luckily the weather was nice. My husband and I were both disappointed initially because we had looked at the menu online and already knew what we wanted for each course but the appetizer that we wanted (elk sausage) was not on the menu. We ordered the replacement which was lamb sausage and once we tasted it we were no longer disappointed. The lamb was great as well as the cheesy polenta and broccoli rabe that went with it. For the main course my husband had the Choppino which he liked and I had the lasagna with braised venison. The venison was delicious. I have never had a lasagna without the typical red tomato sauce and was surprised at how great it was. For dessert I had the lemon tart and my husband had the peach tiramisu and we both were happy with our choices. We also ordered the wine paring since it was such a great day and were very pleased at how good the wines were.