“Home away from home”

Ranked #2 of 5 Encinitas B&B and Inns
Cedarhurst, New York
“Home away from home”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Very clean,sweet rooms with a one block walk to beach.Centrally located to everything! I lived in Leucadia in 1977 and even though it has been built up more,the Inn seems like nothing changed.So quaint! I would stay there every time !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bridget M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tucson
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, cozy... casual, convenient, cost-effective critter-friendly. Offers most basics you need. Lots of dining and businesses close by.

Weather was chilly, rooms were cold, and use of portable space heater was necessary. Noise from Amtraks and freights several times per hour 24/7. Trains were not as annoying as road traffic, but they leave a nasty soot on everything, even with windows closed. Public beach access is at least a 15-minute walk.

No ice machine, but freezer is big enough to hold a bought bag. The lack of room phones could be a serious issue in an emergency arises when someone is alone and can't get to/use use their own cell.

Management staff is often MIA, a.k.a., not in the office or anywhere in sight. They leave a note that they are on premises. This is a wee bit too laid back; it would be wiser to have a round the clock presence.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DelilahDreggs
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed February 3, 2014

we stayed at this beautiful motel and had a great time, we initially planned two days but ended up 10 days there because it was so nice!!!! the lady at the front desk even helped us and gave us many good tips in the area

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My friend and I recently had the pleasure of staying at this quaint but well equipped inn. The room was clean and came with a kitchenette, which we made full use of. The staff was extremely helpful with some extra needs that I had for faxing and copying during my stay. They could not have been more accommodating. Should I ever need a place in Encinitas (or close-by) in the future, I shall be calling them first.

Room Tip: We could hear the train at night, but too us it was a comforting sound. The wall unit fan worked pe...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I booked a room at this inn the day before. Although I live in south San Diego, I really just needed a change of scenery and to feel like I was on vacation even if I couldn't go far. 30 minutes away from home and a stay here was exactly what I needed. I felt like I was in a whole new place. Outside were small wooden lawn chairs with pillows, a small trickling fountain, tables with turquoise umbrellas and beautiful pink and red flowers. Inside, the room was adorably decorated, clean, simple, roomy and comfortable. The kitchen was stocked, the TV had plenty of channels, there was more than enough space and more than that, the staff was kind, friendly and understanding. The location was prime - on the main highway and less than a five minute drive from everything you could want - shopping, food, surfing, coffee, etc.
I could not have been happier with my decision to stay here, and I recommend anyone looking for the perfect local experience in Encinitas or Leucadia do the same - it is infinitely better than any Hilton or Sleep Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed in one of the room in the one story u-shaped section near the office and were worried about the traffic and train noise but those really weren't too much of a problem, however the unevenly burbling "fountain" right outside the door would have been annoying but we were able to unplug it.
We didn't mind the walk to and from the beach each morning (Grandview Beach http://www.beachcalifornia.com/grandv.html ) but on a hot day it would be a tad long. We enjoyed the Just Peachy fruit market right next door.
Never met or even talked with any of the staff. No one was around or available when we checked in (9:30pm) and out (8 am) 4 days later. There was no answer to the "off hours" phone number when we called. Luckily the key was waiting for us when we arrived, we were out during most of the days and didn't have any problems with the room. There was a key drop for check out. Our room had always been tidied up when we returned each night. The chairs in the room are cute ceramic tiled ones but cold and uncomfortable to sit in.
We probably will not stay there again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Camassia
Leucadia, California
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I wanted something affordable but not a motel and this for the price is a wonderful retreat, great location, near beach and can walk to the cute town...the room has tile, clean, character, nice decor, micro,fridge, stovetop, etc, thick fluffy towels, pretty bedspread...nice touches!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carli A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Encinitas
Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
#1 of 2 in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Days Inn Encinitas- Moonlight Beach

Been to Leucadia Beach Inn? Share your experiences!