“Very clean, cute decor” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Encinitas B&B and Inns
Palm Desert, California
“Very clean, cute decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

The room was extremely clean. It has tile flooring which I liked so much better than carpet. It was decorated really cute. Had a small table and a kitchen area. Room was a good size. I had room 6. The bathroom was very, very tiny. The outside of the hotel is a really cute also. Parking is tight and have to back out onto PCH. My only problem was with the A/C. Really loud and in an awkward spot to turn on and off. It was under a counter. Luckily it cooled off the room enough so I didn't have to run it at night. It would have been hard to sleep with it on.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank melpd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

A great place to stay. Clean, affordable and centrally located near MANY great destinations such as Sea World, San Diego Zoo & Wild Animal Safari, Lego Land, Camp Pendleton, great restaurants and only 3-5 minutes from 3 great beaches!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Todd T
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights over Memorial Day weekend. Five people - two beds and a roll away. Some of the concerns that I read from other reviews were parking and pillows. First, parking was not an issue. Even over a holiday weekend we did not have trouble finding parking at all different hours. Second, the pillows are a little flat, but I always bring my own anyway, so it really wasn't an issue. The room itself was great. We are from Arizona and enjoy the small mining towns and historical sites, so this fit in perfect. If you are looking for a resort - this is not the place. If you want a clean room that has a kitchen and is close to the beach - this is your place. The beach is a walk up a hill, around a corner and down the steps. May 10-15 minutes walk. Even our 6 year old could do it, so it is not a hard walk at all. LOVED the beach - very quiet and lots of surfing for the kids. Again, if you are looking for a party beach in a party town - keep driving. For families on a budget looking for a home base close to San Diego and the attractions, you will like it here. I did not have any issues with noise, either inside or out. Keep in mind that this is an older hotel - from the 1920's? - so it is not a new place with all the bells and whistles. It IS, however, very functional and clean. The bath room fan was LOUD - but we just did not leave it on. The shower was not a high tech massaging head like we have at home, but it was hot and the bathroom was clean. There were some repairs that need to be addressed (cabinet in the kitchen broken) but for the most part it was as advertised. I would totally stay here again. Next time though, I will bring a broom - that is the one thing that I would recommend to help with sand on the floor. Also - make sure you bring your own beach towels. Again - I always do anyway - but it is a good reminder.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Jennifer J
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We checked in quite late, but were warmly welcomed by a nice and friendly lady. The room was very spacious, cosy and very clean. I thought the interior of the room was quite charming and the place sort of makes you feel at home. The kitchen had everything we needed and the bathroom was also very clean with nice fluffy towels and even shower equipment etc.
The lady at the reception was very nice and gave us some helpful tips as to where we could get something to eat etc.
I would always stay here again and can really recommend the place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rotzgnom
Great Neck, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I really wish that I had been here on vacation--instead, I was harried by the demands of a business trip, delayed by traffic and arrived at 2 am and had to leave at 8 am. So I didn't get to meet the proprietors (who left my room key in a lockbox on my doorknob and weren't in the front office till after 9 am!), and I didn't get to enjoy the lovely surroundings of the hotel. Since I arrived so late, the parking by the rooms was all full and I had to park around the corner in a neighborhood, kind of nervewracking. The room felt old but they have done their best to make it clean and pleasant. HD TV with lots of channels, full kitchen and nice big bathroom, and comfortable bed. The towels smelled really nice. The place was quiet overnight and the price I paid was quite reasonable. Free wifi worked well. I will make sure to come back sometime when I can actually relax and enjoy the place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank flyermontana
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed at this place for two nights are were generally very happy with it. Tiled floor was great, windows could be opened, sink and cock top worked well. Shower clean and functional. There was a fountain in front of out room, providing a soothing noise over the cars (and occasional train) nearby (it is relatively quiet at night, we slept quite well). There are two beaches in walking distance, just head up the hill away from the coast highway, and then either go left (slightly closer, but smaller beach) or right (larger, sandier beach, with shower for surfers and better developed stairs).
Rooms was exactly as described and we were able to park in the courtyard, with a sitting bench in front of our room. There is no breakfast included, and there are eateries nearby. Owner of the Inn recommended Fish101 and that was definitely a good choice for dinner.
Only 'minus' when we entered the room first, there was a lingering smell of chlorine bleach (managed to air it out quickly). One of us thought the bed could be a little firmer.
Really debated to give 4* and settled on 3.5* . Would come back here - this is an affordable, pleasant experience.

Room Tip: rooms in the courtyard are lovely (bring earplpugs if sensitive to street)