“Noisy”
Review of Le Papagayo

Le Papagayo
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Papagayo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 304 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Leucadia Boulvard
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Thank goodness we had a reservation because it was packed. Got in line at host stand behind 2 girls. Imagine our surprise when we found out they were staff! You'd never know by how they treated us! We didn't even get a nod! Sat in bar area which is attractive but loud! Had to yell to converse. Comp bread never came - had to ask twice & it came after we got our food! Would've been nice to munch on with our drinks. Sangria & mojito both good but they need to print a beer list or have a board. My husband had to rush to read the server's cheat sheet. Not sure I'd go back again for dinner. It was $100 for 2 & pretty average. server was sweet tho.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Guess the small portion colored my overall perceptions. It's a fun, funky place. Quality of the food was very good. I had a Wahini salad with salmon, and it was fresh and simple. The entertainment, however, was awesome! Cactus Twang was playing and their professional level of performance was enough to make me want to go back again and again.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

A group of eight of us celebrated a friend's birthday here last Friday night. We were seated right away (with reservations), and enjoyed the very upbeat, casual atmosphere and music while we waited for the rest of the group to arrive. Everyone's dinner was excellent, and the lobster bisque was especially amazing.
Live music every night, so sometimes it got a little hard to hear but that was also partly due to the size of our group. Highly recommend for fun, casual and delicious dining.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We made reservation for 4 adults. This quaint Caribbean style restaurant is low key and relaxed. It's refreshing to read a menu that is varies each dish with healthful and tasteful ingredients. The cocktail menu fit the motif, I enjoyed the Havanah Mojito, while the other guests at my table enjoyed the margaritas, and sangria.

I will return.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The owner at the helm, taking care of all the little details: a 10!
Calamari with an Asian infusion :10
Authentic Margaritas, premium: 10
Ate from All day Tuesday Happy Hour Menu: lamb chops....succulent, perfectly cooked
Live acoustic band, not only friendly and upbeat but interacted with the patrons, they even had the singer for my husbands band sing a couple songs. Classy!
Will 100% come back