“You'll be surfing like a champ!”

Leucadia Surf School
Ranked #1 of 14 Tours in Encinitas
More attraction details
Owner description: At Moonlight Beach. 16 years in operation since 2002. All equipment, softboard and wetsuit, included. Year-around beginner surf lessons and summer surf camps for adults and kids. Fast results, surf on your first time out. Experienced Instructors, easy waves. Our city permit location is at Moonlight Beach in Encinitas, California. We are a fully insured and permitted surf school.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

I had a great surf lesson at Moonlight beach! Gerry taught me the basics and made sure that I would be able to surf on my own after one lesson. He is patient and encouraging. He is also strategic in making sure your lesson will be at a time when the tides are good. I felt confident that I could surf on my own by the end of the lesson.

Date of experience: April 2017
in 8 reviews
"beginners"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

My 15 year-old wanted surf lessons from a true local surfer and guru and that's what he got. Gerry taught my son not only how to surf, but how and why to love surfing. Thank Gerry for the best possible surfing experience!

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank dwebsteraz
Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

I had a great first solo surf lesson with Leucadia surf school. Gerry was very knowledgeable and patient with my newbie questions. We had a lot of time in the water to practice after a short beach lesson. During the lesson Gerry taught me about what type of waves to look for when surfing. At the beginning of the lesson Gerry would help me catch the waves and steady the board until I was able to stand, but by the end of the lesson I was catching (small) waves and gliding, then standing up with only verbal cues. Totally memorable experience to be out on the water, surfing for the first time. I would highly recommend Leucadia surf school!

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

We got our lesson as a Christmas present, it was an amazing experience. It was the first time we surfed, Gerry was excellent at explaining everything and taking care of us! We really enjoyed it and will definitely be back for more lessons. Thank you so much!!

Date of experience: December 2016