“Great experience!”

Leucadia Surf School
Ranked #1 of 12 Tours in Encinitas
More attraction details
Owner description: At Moonlight Beach. Going on 14 years in operation. All equipment, softboard and wetsuit, included. Year-around beginner surf lessons and summer surf camps. Our city permit location is at Moonlight Beach in Encinitas, California. We are a fully insured and permitted surf school.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great experience!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

At the end of our vacation, we met one of the instructors at the local surf shop who invited us to check it out. We were told that they may be too young (6 and 7), but decided to try anyway. We signed them up for the one-day shark bite deal. We were so impressed how the whole day went. They received the safety training and the basics on land and then spent the entire time in the water. The instructors are the best! They both got lots of one-on-one attention. We couldn't be happier with their time at the surf school. Both boys were standing up on the board and surfing very quickly. Had we known about the surf school earlier, we would have signed them up all week. We will be back next time for sure! Our boys got a great start to their lifetime of "catching waves" as they both are telling everyone!!

Riverside, California
“Very Cool Surfing Lesson & Overall Killer Time”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We did a one day surfing class on a Thursday in July '12 with two adults (me & a friend) & our 11-12 year old boys. We had a killer time. The class includes a 30 min. beach instruction on the fundamentals & safety of surfing (taught by Jerry- Owner & great dude). After the beach instruction, it's right into the water. The class includes a wetsuit & surfboard & the location is excellent for beginners. There were others in the class for single session, but there a few that had been there all week for a the week long camp. I think the Instructor to surfer ratio was perfect at about 3 surfers for each instructor. There was plenty of help, but also plenty of freedom for those of us who had a little experiece already. They had our young sons surfing almost immediately. They had smiles plastered on their faces for the entire 3 hr session. Jerry & his team of instructors were all very friendly & supportive. The class wall also very affordable & worth every penny. We'd do it again in a heartbeat & are recommending to our friends who are interested in learning how to surf.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience at Leucadia Surf School!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I am seventeen and had never surfed before I went to Leucadia Surf Camp. I only went for one day, I got the Shark Bite deal, and had a great time! The instructors were very helpful and patient; there were several instructors in the water helping guide the surfers to the waves and someone was always there in the water by me to help me catch a wave. There was a quick sand instruction and then we spent the majority of our time in the water surfing. All the instructors were friendly and after watching me catch a wave, would give me tips to help me stand up and balance better. They made it really fun and it wasn't hard to get up and on the surfboard with their instruction. Unlike some of the other schools/camps in the area, we spent as much time actually in the water and surfing as possible. It was definitely worth my money! I recommend Leucadia, I wish that I could go back!

1 Thank Hope L
North Hollywood
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great surf school team”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My daughter wanted to try surfing and we were informed of a deal called the "Shark Bite", 3 hours of surf lessons, including a soft board and suit. The surf team were very friendly and very accommdating to my 12 yr old daughter. They had some sand instruction and in the water, the team of took turns guiding her out to the waves and she was able to catch several, of course falling on many of them but she was excited that she was able to stand and surf a couple of them. She wants to go back and take more lessons and of course she stated she wanted to go back to Leudadia Surf School caused she loved the staff there.

1 Thank R M
Reston, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Leucadia Surf Camp”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My eleven year old grandson, who had never surfed, went to the four day camp July2-6. It was great! Gerry and his instructors were wonderful with all of the students of all ages. My grandson was up and riding on the first day and couldn't get enough. The patience and dedication of all of the instructors was admirable, Highly recommended.

1 Thank Beth A