“Different Vietnamese!”

Dining options: Reservations
Bloomington
“Different Vietnamese!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

For over 20 years when we travel to North County San Diego, we always plan to have at least one meal here. We have never been disappointed. The food is still somewhat unusual compared to other Vietnamese restaurants, but this is one place that we love!

Visited December 2012

Florida
“The best Asian food in Encinitas”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I went to Kim's tonight and many times before. This is my ideal Asian restaurant. I always get Won Ton soup in a huge bowl, big enough for 2 people. It is not a typical bland soup. This is more Thai style with garlic, etc in the recipe. I have ordered many Chinese dishes but my favorite in now a Vietnamese dish- rice vermicelli and pork skewers. I add the red HOT sauce and my meal is perfect. The family that owns Kim's is delightful- both personable and knowledgable. Since I only live in Carlsbad for the summer, I have just returned. They remembered me and what I love to order. That is class.

Visited July 2012
Carlsbad, California
“Best Pho in San Diego (that I've experienced)”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I originally got hooked on pho (pronounced 'fuh') in the Long Beach area, and this is the next best thing here in San Diego. Although the service is a little odd and different to what you're probably accustomed to, the pho is worth it. I go every week and always order the regular beef pho with one fried eggroll on the side. It ends up being around $10 before tip. DELISH!

• Visited December 2011
USA
“O.K. Food. Shocking Prices”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I went with a group of 6 on a Saturday night. The place was almost full. The service was prompt. The food was O.K. The prices were very high for the quality and size of the portions.

I had the Pho. It was average, but the price was almost double what most places charge.

I probably would not return. There are other places to try.

• Visited May 2011
Del Mar, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very clean,fresh savory cuisine”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I had an excellent time on my first visit. Truly world class. One of my primary criteria for a restaurant is how i feel 1-2 hours after I eat. the food is wholesome, fresh and delicious.

• Visited February 2011