“Nice lunch spot”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Encinitas Blvd.
Transit: Coaster.
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here after a long cross country flight so the delicious chips and salsa and cold beers went down easy and quick. The chips may be the best I have ever had in a restaurant. The hubby had a combination platter of some sort that disappeared before I could taste any of it but he reported that it was great. I had the Pastor Tacos (3 of then were a light order but fine for me after all the chips). They were good but simple - chicken, chopped onion, a bit of chopped pineapple and cilantro on a corn tortilla. Overall we had a nice experience but not one I would go out of my way to repeat.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a great little spot in Encinitas. The margaritas are super strong so you definitely get your money's worth. I would suggest getting a pitcher for 3+ people, it's too much for only 2 people..trust me! I had a lemon fish dish and it was soo good, we had to go back during our trip to get it again! Its a really large portion and I couldn't finish it on my own. Love the outdoor seating areas. We'll eat here again when we visit the area!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Probably my favorite Mexican restaurant in this area. Incredible margaritas, using fresh lime juice (no mix). Nice ambiance, mainly seating outdoors. The shrimp in chipotle sauce in excellent. Good service, can get busy, sometimes loud. A little pricey but worth it if you're looking for good, authentic Mexican food and killer margaritas. Nice kids' menu as well.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wanted some Mexican food with the family for my daughters 21st bday. We wanted fajitas and tacos. They don't serve that type of mexican food. we were disappointed. They did the sketchiest thing to do my daughter for her bday... looked like she was being gagged with chloroform with a napkin over her face....but they were giving her a shot of i don't know what... nice idea but the delivery was horrible... Won't go back. Much better places around...

Reviewed June 25, 2013

It is 19 steps from the front desk to Tomiko's, and after driving all day to get to Encinitas, it was nice to be able to just walk across the lobby into a nice restaurant , order a well deserved cocktail and dinner and look out at the ocean.