“I've learned so much!”

Encinitas Surf Lessons
Ranked #3 of 12 Tours in Encinitas
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf Lessons in Encinitas by Jason / Surfing For Empowerment. I give specialized surf lessons for those that want more personal attention, presence, passion, and purpose in their journey learning to "walk on water". I also help people in overcoming their fear and have breakthroughs and transformation in all areas of their lives using surfing and the Ocean as a catalyst. Please see surfingforempowerment. com for more details. I look forward to working and being of service to you!
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
San Diego, California
“I've learned so much!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Jason is an awesome surf instructor! I took six lessons with him, and he was always encouraging, helping me get better with each lesson--I had never surfed before in my life, and I've had many good rides through all of my lessons with Jason. He provides the wetsuit and the board, so all you need to do is show up! He's full of knowledge and eager to share what he knows, as well as work with you at a pace you're comfortable with. I highly, highly recommend Jason if you're even remotely interested in learning how to surf.

Visited March 2014
JasonSurf2013, Owner at Encinitas Surf Lessons, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Awesomeness Kayleigh! You have what it takes to become a good surfer indeed! Glad you got a lot of great waves your last lesson and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future! :)

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Instructor!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Whenever I need a teacher in anything, I have a few requirements. I want someone who is kind and patient and encouraging even if I'm not getting it right away. I'm always a little nervous at learning new things and Jason was great at making me feel comfortable. I was exhausted from a couple yoga classes and he was really patient with me needing a lot of breaks. Halfway through the lesson, I thought I would never be able to stand up on the board, but he got me to the right kind of waves that were well suited for me and before I knew it I was getting it! Thanks Jason for a good time out on the water! If I ever come back to the area, I will be sure to book some more lessons!

Visited February 2014
JasonSurf2013, Owner at Encinitas Surf Lessons, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Awesome Kristen thanks for the beautiful compliments! Glad you enjoyed our Ocean time together and I look forward to seeing you again when you either visit or move to sunny San Diego! :)
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stoked to surf!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Wow! This was my first time surfing, and I absolutely loved it. Jason infuses his passion for and knowledge of surfing, deep respect for the ocean, and care for his students' individual experiences with absolute grace and great energy. Two friends and I took two lessons from him while we were on retreat in Encinitas, and we all loved it and got to surf so much more than we expected going into it. He so easily got us feeling safe and confident in the water, and he has a very clear way of introducing the basics and adding refinements just when you're ready to try them. He obviously has so much knowledge and experience, I am sure he's a great instructor for all levels! I will definitely be back whenever I am in town! Thanks Jason!

Visited February 2014
JASONSURF, Owner at Encinitas Surf Lessons, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
I was excited to work with you and the gals coming from Indiana Jeanne! I will never forget that you were my very first participants in my Surfing for Empowerment class! Thank You for being open to receive my offering. I am overjoyed that I could affect you in such a positive way! I am grateful for the Ocean! :)
San Diego, California
“Best Surf Coach Ever”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I am a local to San Diego County and I've tried a few other surf instructors around town and by far Jason is my favorite! I've learned so much from him in and out of the water! He talks with you about surfing different conditions, to surfing reef breaks compared to beach breaks and so on. He's very patient and always by your side in the water to coach you with every wave you catch. If you're coming to visit on a vacation or just a local wanting to try something new Encinitas Surf Lessons is the way to go..... At any age Jason will get you up and standing on a surf board.. I just completed 6 lessons with him and looking forward to my next 6 lessons with him :)

Visited January 2014
JASONSURF, Owner at Encinitas Surf Lessons, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
It has been my joy to work with you Aimee and I really appreciate your positive attitude and willingness to get out there in all conditions! And you have improved tons! Looking forward to more of the ocean journey with you my friend! :)
White Plains, New York
“awesome instructor”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Just finished my third lesson with Jason last week (this time I brought a friend with me). Jason is a wonderful instructor: very passionate about his trade, 100% dedicated to making the most of each lesson and constantly looking to find ways to get you up on waves. I vastly improved my surf skills over three lessons, despite being a relative novice coming in. Although I couldn't go for the batch of 3 due to a tight schedule, I kept coming back for more whenever I had the spare time. Despite various scheduling issues on my end, Jason allowed the last lesson to over the allotted time which I really appreciated. Highly recommend giving Jason a chance: whether it's your first surf experience or you're looking to get to the next level.

Visited January 2014
JasonSurf2013, Owner at Encinitas Surf Lessons, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Oren you really have what it takes to be a great surfer! It was a joy to watch you do your thing out there! You are a natural indeed! I was happy to accommodate you in any way I could at the time. My wish for you is to take the joy of surfing with you wherever you may find yourself. Give the NY waves a try and see you next time you are in San Diego! :)