“Could be a whole lot better”

2Good2B Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #4 of 10 Bakeries in Encinitas
Description: We provide a safe haven for those of you who want or need to eat gluten, corn & soy free gourmet soups, foods & baked goods. A nice relaxing atmosphere to indulge safely into foods that you can't find anywhere else!
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We have been here several times and I would only come back for the rosemary bread , which cannot be any better, the recipe is perfect. It can be sliced and frozen and will taste as good as when it was first baked. You have to come early or call in and have them hold it for you on a credit card. I have no idea why this most popular item is never made in enough quantity on a daily basis. While we were there, several people came in and asked for it, and it was only early afternoon and they were all out.

This place is great if you have gluten problems and need to eat cupcakes badly as basically it is cupcakes and bread. We came here for breakfast and ordered the full eggs, ham and toast plate and when it arrived I looked for the eggs. It turned out that the one little burned paper thin thing curled up on my plate was the "eggs", did not look or taste like eggs and must have been 10% of one egg. The one tiny piece of toast was cut in half and the ham was equally awful. The bread made for breakfast apparently is half the size of a regular loaf. I was totally amazed that they would call this a breakfast, I am not a big eater but this was sad. I also could not get a latte as the espresso machine was broken. We drove 40 minutes to eat here so I was not happy.

As we sat , several orders around us were incorrect. The staff is made up of 20 year olds and some of them have very few brain cells. They gave me the wrong tea and when I asked them for the correct one, they dumped the old tea and put the new one into the same paper cup, which had contained mint, which I detest and which I could still taste. Ugh.

We have had pizza there and the crust is not very good, they can do a whole lot better than that as I can make better crust myself.

When I walked in they had a blackboard inside saying you can get a soup or salad with any entree but when I asked for the salad, the clerk said I could only get soup. When I pointed to the sign, she did not know what I was talking about. Can you read?

The cupcakes are tiny and overpriced for what you get. We do realize that the flours are very expensive but you are buying them in bulk and $4.50 for the cupcake of the day is in my opinion gouging the customer. If it wasn't for the bread, I would give this place 1 and 1/2 stars.