“A Brazilian Treat”

Sabor de Vida Brazilian Grill
Ranked #64 of 300 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: NOT JUST A BARBECUE… …AN EXPERIENCE! Sabor de Vida proudly serves authentic Brazilian BBQ using traditional methods of slow cooking premium meats over open flames. Our focus is on providing our guests with the highest quality meats and service possible. The result is truly an EXPERIENCE!
Chino, California
“A Brazilian Treat”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stopped here for lunch while waiting for a youth soccer match to begin and were very glad we did!
Not very large, not very fancy BUT what great food. We ordered the tri tip platter and it was delicious. Very tender, plenty of it along with a large amount of fries--perfect lunch meal. The selection on the menu list several traditional Brazilian dishes and those may interest you as well.
Oh, and then there's the deserts--my wife had the flan (huge and fantastic), I tried the grilled pineapple--very tasty.
Our waitress was wonderful, answered questions, served with a smile and made our visit even better. A return visit is already in the works!!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Dave E

San Marcos, California
“Love the food, love the service, love the price!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Sabor De Vida in Encinitas is so delicious. Our family heads over once a month to enjoy the great food and great service. We like to call ahead for a reservation because it is always packed!
I want to try everything but so far we have had the SDV BBQ tray (which you can't beat for value and quality), the SDV Risotto (one of my favorites), the crispy yucca, the Picanha Plate (my husbands favorite). Everything is so yummy. Next I want to try the Stroganoff and the Salmon plate which I hear are excellent as well. The staff is so sweet and the owners are an adorable and kind couple.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank leslie t
Encinitas, California
“Sabor De Vida”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!! Had their appitizer of grilled zuccini, red pepper, onion, tri tip, chicken and sausage served on a large wooden dish with two sauces. Added garlic bread and their cheese rolls. Tried their avocado salad with citrus dressing and sliders. Added a bottle of wine and what a meal for the three of us! Shared a custard dessert with little chocolate chips that was an excellent
finish to a great meal.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank guinness/currant
Encinitas, CA
“The food is WORTH the price!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

At first glance, those on a budget might choke at seeing the prices and try doing a quiet "slip" out of the restaurant. But let me assure you, the quality and taste of food is worth it! Came here for lunch on a Sunday with my mom and husband. There was so much to choose from on the menu that we wanted to order everything. After getting assured from waitress that the "SDV BBQ Tray" was sufficient for 3 hungry people to share along with side dishes, we decided on that (It's under the "Petiscos" section of the menu, which is the tapas or appetizers section).

Wow.. the amount of meat (grilled tri-tip, chicken breast, and beef sausage), along with grilled veggies (zucchinis, onions, red bell peppers), was amazing. We all ordered a side of rice each (and being rice lovers, actually ordered a 4th portion); and my mom ordered an acai smoothie. We scarfed the food, and could have had enough for a small, leftover plate. But since we were busy that afternoon and didn't want food sitting in a hot car, we forced ourselves to finish off the meat plate.

If you've ever been to an all-you-can eat Brazilian BBQ place, then this sweet, little "diner" will warm your heart. It's being able to enjoy the savory taste of that BBQ meat without the pressure of having to "eat all you can" to make up for how much you shelled out to eat there. :o) It is a sit-down place, although I believe you may be able to order for take out. But check with them.

This little "restaurant" is fairly new to Encinitas. It's located in the same shopping mall as "Tuesday Morning" and "Baker and Olive", and is literally next to the "Flippin' Pizza". Easy to miss unless you know what you're looking for. URL for the menu: http://www.sabordevida.com/restaurant.html

You can sign up on their website for deals and coupons.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank CLaw_9
San Diego, California
“Lunch With a Different Twist”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Visiting a restaurant for the first time, one often has mixed feelings. There is a feeling of anticipation if you’ve heard good reviews; a feeling of uncertainty if the restaurant does not have a lot of patrons, and without a recommendation of what to order, a gamble. I forget about where I first heard about Sabor de Vida. I heard it was a Brazilian styled restaurant, and since it was in the local community of Encinitas, I thought it might be worth a try. Since I was in the same shopping center in which it is located, during the lunch hour, I thought I’d check it out. I was not aware whether it was a full service dinner location or an ideal spot for a quick lunch.
The facility is small, with three booths and a few small tables. There is a counter at which one orders food, not unlike that of a fast food restaurant. The room was neat and clean, and the colors attractive. There is a large menu displayed on the wall and I asked the clerk what she would recommend as a popular dish served at the restaurant. She recommended this special combination of a Brazilian steak, which included steamed vegetables beans and rice. Along with my iced tea, the bill came to $17 and change. While I was waiting for my order to arrive, I thought it seemed a bit pricey but soon realized it was a great value when it arrived. The steak was excellent - much better than a luncheon steak at many other restaurants. The black beans were great, and while I avoided the rice I did enjoy the unusual array of vegetables included in the plate.
Overall, I was impressed with the flavor of the steak and the presentation of the meal. I don’t think this is the type of restaurant where you would have a business meeting. The room is small and with hard surfaces on the floor and walls conversations could be easily overheard. But for a unique lunch with some very different and enticing flavors this may be your excellent choice.
I will be back.