“wonderful way to spend the day”

Willow Creek Stables
Ranked #6 of 12 Tours in Encinitas
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide guided trail rides for the general public as well as regular riding lessons and horse boarding.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have ridden at many barns over the years and Willow Creek is easily the most well run, well-maintained and most congenial barn I have ever encountered. All levels of riding are encouraged whether you aspire to compete on the A show circuit, prefer the lower cost County shows, or just want to enjoy riding your horse and go out on the surrounding trails. The recent addition of quality trail horses for use by the general public allows even those who don’t have the time or funds necessary for horse ownership to enjoy an occasional afternoon excursion. I know of no other barns in the immediate area that provide this wonderful service.

1  Thank mcqueenms
There are newer reviews for Willow Creek Stables

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've been with the head trainer for nearly 20 years, and foremost in her mind is the safety of her riders and her horses. Next comes the happiness of riders and horses, both of whom thrive under her care and instruction. And now, we have the most beautiful facilities, that are peaceful and expertly-maintained. I can't thank the owner and trainers of Willow Creek enough for making this my favorite place to be.

1  Thank Helen Y
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My 7 year old son and I both ride at Haven Farms (Willow Creek Stables). We absolutely love it here. I had a horse and rode as a kid, and now my son and I have been riding here for about 8 months. Its been fun seeing him make great progress and become more and more comfortable on the pony he rides. My son went to a summer camp here last year, which is what started his love of horses. He wants to do the summer camp again this year. The horses are very well taken care of - they are healthy and happy! The lesson horses are very friendly, safe, and well mannered. The trainers and grooms are friendly and knowledgeable. The facility and grounds are very well kept. It is such a beautiful and peaceful place!

1  Thank 527AmberS
Reviewed May 1, 2013

As a professional horse person, it is so refreshing to see such well cared for rental type trail horses. Horses are sound, in good weight, and happy. Guides are well-mannered, informative, and SAFE. By far, the safest program I've run across in 10 years of riding all over the country. Wonderful experience!

1  Thank Rustyjmpr
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My 10 year old daughter and I both ride at Willow Creek Stables. I have ridden hunter/jumpers since I was 11 years old. I feel so fortunate to have been referred to this barn a couple of years ago. The facility is so inviting and well-kept. The ring has great footing and colorful jumps. The horses stalls are in great condition and keep the horses safe. The areas they have for parents to sit and watch their kids ride is so comfortable. There is shade and actual chairs instead of bleachers sitting in the sun. Recently, they added trail horses to the program which gives riders of all levels an opportunity to ride a safe horse when they sign up. The training at the barn is first rate! Plus, the horses that are available for riders who don't own or lease a horse are top-notch. I have been to other barns and when shown the lesson horses that are available, decided not to ride. One of my daughters favorite activities is going into the big ring after everyone is done riding and jumping the jumps with all her friends. They have such a good time making up games. It is a friendly, relaxing place but most everyone is very serious about their riding and competing at shows.

1  Thank Linda S