Review Highlights

Reviewed July 10, 2018
worldtraveler73_7
California
via mobile

All reviews elementary school great variety local produce hummus every week prepared food picnic tables vendors leucadia playground jewelry parking
Reviewed 1 week ago

The Leucadia Farmers' Market is held on Sundays on the playground of a local elementary school.The market is rather small, but they have a good selection of artisan cheeses and breads, as well as several local produce stands.There are some interesting prepared food stands, too, including sushi and Ghanaian food.

Leucadia's motto is "Keep Leucadia Funky"; this is a good place to grab something for lunch, sit at one of the picnic tables, listen to the musicians, and watch the world go by.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

We go here almost every week. There's always something new. A great variety of foods to sample, interesting and original crafts, soaps, condiments, jewelry, and even clothes and gadgets.
It attracts diverse and interesting people.

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Great place to spend an hour in a Sunday. Locally produced vegetables, cheese, honey, eggs, artisan bakery - just to name a few.

Reviewed September 26, 2017

This year there seemed to be less vegetable vendors than in previous years, which surprised me. But we still bought two huge bags of really excellent, very tasty vegetables, along with some amazing sourdough rye bread, and some fantastic hummus.

2  Thank invertpaleo
Reviewed July 19, 2017

I wanted to get to this since I was in Carlsbad in January. What a disappointment; vendors were rude for the most part. The Chez Elliot Cheese and Coffee booths were exceptions. They were great, happy people but the other booths were a real "miss" for me. I love Farmer's Markets and seek them out wherever I go. There were only 3 rows, 2 lanes and many booths had the same products. I have to say; the Arepa's were the worst I've ever had and I waited over 10 minutes for a cheese Arepa (a street food) - while waiting a gentleman came up and ordered a breakfast Arepa and was handed one right away. Parking is a real mess. It's the only Farmer's Market I've ever been to that doesn't allow anyone in until the opening time.... no way to walk around and just observe before 10 o'clock. Usually booths just remain closed til time to sell. Carlsbad strawberries are said to be delicious so I bought some; had exact $$ in hand yet was told "stand back" when I went to give money and take the berries.... no one else was at the booth at the time. My recommendation is to pass this place up and for me - I'll never go back. There is a Farmer's Market in Encinitas that is on Wed, I hope to get to that one when I return to this area. I'm heading to the San Diego Farmers Market on Saturday, so I'll review it and am hoping it's better.

2  Thank Vinnie1973
Reviewed August 30, 2016

The Leucadia Farmers Market is every Sunday from 10-2. There are many booths with local organic produce and handmade crafts. The school has plenty of parking and a nice area with cafeteria style tables for enjoying the live music and great food.

1  Thank Alexandra T
Reviewed April 24, 2016

What a great little Farmers Market! We ran across this just driving down the street while on vacation. Lots of delicious food booths, clothes and crafts, and oh! such beautiful fresh local vegetables!! We bought several items to enjoy the rest of the week, but we ran short of tomatoes... they were THE BEST!

Reviewed March 23, 2016

really a large range of home made goodies and fresh veg. a very nice break on a a weekend, but get there early as the parking is a challengs

Reviewed February 28, 2016

Want a local taste of SoCal? Find it at the Leucadia Farmers Market. This is a regular Sunday outing for families, singles, young, and old, who buy lunch from the prepared food stands and do their weekly shopping for year round fresh fruits, vegetables, and prepared specialty products. The farms are from the area and mostly organic or pesticide free, the market also is a great place to find locally produced arts and crafts. Held at an elementary school, there are shaded tables to enjoy lunch, playground areas for the kiddies, and bathrooms. Parking is a crowded, look for the business two blocks north on Vulcan Ave that allows farmer market parking in their lot. Note: used to be dog friendly, the health department now restricts access to licensed assist dogs only.

Reviewed February 21, 2016

The market is behind an elementary school and features booths selling things from mushrooms and clothing to lotions and handicrafts. Very kid and dog friendly, and there is an area to sit and eat