“Great Sushi”

Sushi Bar Blue Fin
Ranked #125 of 314 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been going to Blue Fin ever since Sam opened the place. He serves great fresh sushi that is flown in every day. I often ask him to just make me some of his best sashimi and he never disappoints. It can get a bit spendy but I believe the quality if worth it. I highly recommend it for sushi purists. He does have the more american traditional rolls and such but the sashimi and freshness are what brings me back.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

When we went, the service was not very good.
They were out of many standard sushi choices even though
it wasn't very late. The sushi was average, I have had better
for less in Little Tokyo in Los Angeles. The service was slow and the waitress would wedge inbetween my partner and I to get food from the sushi chef in front of us, after the 4th time, it was getting very annoying. After speaking with some other locals, they suggeted another bar as they said the quality and service had been going down, it is a shame since we came due to the great reviews, we thought it would be awesome, but alas, it was not. The qualilty was not the melt in your mouth we expected for the prices.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Consistently the best sushi in north county san diego. The miso soup and edamame are excellent. Sashimi is excellent. My favorite is the happy roll.