“Average, Nothing to Run Back To”
Review of Thai Society

Thai Society
Ranked #78 of 304 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Busy little place in the shopping center where Target, Barnes and Noble, and other major chains are located. We were looking for something different and this was the place. Small, neat, clean like so many Thai Places.

They offered to bring us everything at once or just the appetizers first. We asked for the appetizers, spring rolls, first. They were good and hot and crispy.

But by the time they brought out our Salmon in Tamarind Sauce, a watery broth, and our Chicken in Peanut Sauce, you could see the sauce was starting to split and there was a lot of oil separating out. And the food was only lukewarm. I believe they prepared everything at once then only brought it out when we were ready to be served.

Only if I were in a pinch would I go. Flavors were not bright, food was not hot (mostly), though the service was very prompt and courteous.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Great food. Very authentic. The staff was friendly and willing to give objective recommendations if you're not sure about what to get.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

This little restaurant in a shopping center has only about 30 seats. It is very nicely decorated and looks like a restaurant you would find in a cosmopolitan city. We had a noodle dish and a wok dish and they were both good size portions, tasty and reasonably priced. Our friends tell us their mango mousse cake is a great dessert.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I got some food to go last week...the yellow curry with shrimp...and it was so good I went back the next night. I love Thai food and am thrilled this place is so close. I had the spicy basil the 2nd night....as good as the curry. The service was superb, food was delicious and nice sized portions. I will definitely be back and highly recommend this to anyone in the area!!

Reviewed February 4, 2012

My wife and I had a lovely dinner at Thai Society the other night. I had earlier had a very nice lunch so I wanted to let her experience my delight. For dinner, the chef created wonderful entrees with amazing flavors. We will be back many times as Thai Society is a nice addition to the local scene.