“Great drinks, good food”

Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 302 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Solace & The Moonlight Lounge is situated in Pacific Station, a LEED silver certified mixed use project in the heart of downtown Encinitas. Just off of historic South Coast Highway 101 and near Moonlight Beach, we bring our creative blend of classic and modern American Cuisine and Oyster Bar to Coastal North County San Diego
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We went here for dinner. Odd that reservations do not include the upstairs area, so if you want to sit upstairs out on the balcony, its walk-in's only. So we cancelled our reservation in the downstairs area and went upstairs. Luckily, it wasn't too crowded for a Thursday night and we wer able to get a seat.

The place has some really great craft cocktails and plenty of beers on draught, bottle, and cans. I tried the clam chowder soup which was good but not amazing. I thought it'd be better since they offer lots of fresh seafood on the menu, but I've definitely had better chowder. I also had the endive and goat cheese salad which was yummy. I wish I had tried more stuff on the menu so I'll definitely have to come back. Its a little pricey with most of the dishes being 24+ but you can find a few cheaper items on the menu!

There are newer reviews for Solace & The Moonlight Lounge

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Based upon TA comments we tried Solace. My wife had beef cheeks (yes beef cheeks) they were similar to a really really tender pot roast. I had Toasted Quinora covered with a creamed feta sauce and roasted Vegetables. Both were excellent. The wait staff is one of the best trained I have ever seen. Everyone seemed to be at tentative. They would instantly smile if your eyes made contact. Definitely worth the price.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Friends in the area recommended this restaurant to our great fortune. The modern room may be a bit cool for some and the train running past every few minutes is a bit distracting, however, the food is superb! Attentive service, fine wine and creative, delicious food make us hope to be back in Encinitas soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

What a treasure. While you wouldn't think so, it is very hard to find a restaurant where the cook really knows how to cook. At Solace it was clear from every dish my partner and I enjoyed that there is a master chef out back. The mussels were the best in North County. The hanger steak was perfectly prepared as was my partner's scallops. Salads were very nicely done. Lots of attention to details that make a huge difference. Portions are not oversized and this may not appeal to some. The menu is rather trendy with things like pork belly and beef cheek (who wants to eat something that is 50% fat?), but there are enough items of general appeal, as well.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

All five of us really enjoyed our meal and the casual ambiance. The prices are reasonable, and no complaints on the service. We sat downstairs in the restaurant which was calm and quiet. Upstairs in the Moonlight Lounge things were buzzing and happening which would be great to meet friends for Happy Hour or a fun energetic meal. Something for everyone!