“Coolest place in Encinitas on a Sunday night!”

Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 302 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Solace & The Moonlight Lounge is situated in Pacific Station, a LEED silver certified mixed use project in the heart of downtown Encinitas. Just off of historic South Coast Highway 101 and near Moonlight Beach, we bring our creative blend of classic and modern American Cuisine and Oyster Bar to Coastal North County San Diego
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Got lucky and spotted this place off the main drag. Really nice upstairs bar and dining area. Food is OUTSTANDING for California especially at their prices. It's not your normal menu so go there with an open mind. Great service too and there was a really good jazz trio playing the night we were there. Perfect Sunday evening.

1  Thank Benlh

Reviewed September 6, 2012

They have a pretty bar upstairs and the bar folks are very good at concocting unusual cocktails. They have nice snack as well during their happy hour.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We visited Solace for a date night with two other couples because we couldn't get a reservation at our first choice. Lucky us! We ended up having a delightful meal with unique and inspired dishes. Everyone in our 6 person party was thrilled with their menu selections. Our waiter was attentive and well-versed in the menu; all of his suggestions were spot on. From our cheddar & chive biscuit appetizer to our cocunut cake and peanut butter chocolate creme brulee, we were dazzled by the entire meal. The highest rating went to the warm spinach salad. Solace is an excellent dinner choice; we highly recommend it!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were very anxious to try Solace after reading many reviews in San Diego Magazine and the Union Tribune. However, we were very disappointed in our experience. Initially, we were told a 20 minute wait, which is fine on a Saturday night, even though it was 8:45 p.m. We decided to use the restroom while we were waiting. What a surprise...only 2 - 1 stall unisex restrooms for a restaurant which probably seats 300. So, if you have to use the restroom, consider a stop prior to your arrival.

We were seated within 10 minutes, bonus. I ordered a glass of the fallbrook vineyard syrah - $8.50, tiny pour, but wine was fine. Took a bit of time for the waitress to bring it over, but okay, it's Saturday night. We ordered the 3 cheese platter which was very good - and the best course of the night....tasty pecans, 2 breads, 3 cheeses, apple, and fig compote. Just do yourself a favor and order 6 cheeses/meats and make this your meal.

Second course, watermelon salad, which had been praised in the Union Tribune and San Diego magazine. We were not impressed...watermelon chunks were not uniform, some too big to fit in your mouth. Not really a salad -- more like a fruit bowl of watermelon. Promises of pomegranate vinaigrette - - didn't really taste it. Just keep your $10 and order something else. No bread with dinner either - if you want the famous cheddar biscuits, you must pay for those.

Third course, salmon, which the server recommended. We asked about the beef cheeks, pork belly, and salmon. Decided on the salmon to share. Tiny portion - - maybe 4 oz at most for $24.50...skin still on. Just a pet peeve, but I don't like the skin left on my fish - -especially salmon b/c it is quite fishy. Quinoa was okay - - a little coarse. Overall, just so so - - again, I'd pick something else. Ordered a glass of wine with dinner - - it came after we were finished with our dinner. I asked the manager to take it away b/c it came after I had finished my dinner. He did. Waitress came by and asked if someone took away my wine and I explained to her that I had already finished my dinner by the time she brought it and it was a bit slow in coming, and she apologized and said she was busy. Okay - I can understand that, it's Saturday night. What happened to, I'm sorry, that's on the house. Or, could we buy you dessert to make things up to you? No, instead, what appeared to be the bouncer came by and said "You guys seem upset." Excuse me...I'm wearing a cocktail dress and pearls, could this guy be seriously throwing us out b/c I complained that the service was slow on bringing my wine....am I in L.A.? Is this a movie? Will they have to seek therapy? I don't know who he was --- again, he didn't say, " I"m the manager". It was all very strange. I worked on the east coast as a server/bartender for 15 years. Never had an experience like this. Our waters were empty. I asked for our check and for some water. He came back with both, we paid, and were on our way. What a disappointment...go to Blue Ribbon Pizzeria. Service and food are exemplary!

1  Thank mdmjw
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Love this place. The upstairs Moonlight Lounge is lively and comfortable for lunch or dinner, the staff is always so helpful and truly knowledgable about the food, and the food itself is inventive and delicious. We don't live in Encinitas, but we make a point of stopping here for a meal whenever we're on the Coast Highway. Today we had lunch: absolutely wonderful pork belly sandwhich!