“Excellent.”

Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 304 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Solace & The Moonlight Lounge is situated in Pacific Station, a LEED silver certified mixed use project in the heart of downtown Encinitas. Just off of historic South Coast Highway 101 and near Moonlight Beach, we bring our creative blend of classic and modern American Cuisine and Oyster Bar to Coastal North County San Diego
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Great atmosphere, friendly staff, excellent food. My husband and I went here before shopping at whole foods in the same courtyard. Just excellent food. Best veggie burger I've ever had. Great little shops in walking distance. Worth the visit!!!

Reviewed April 1, 2012

My husband and I took our two toddlers here for brunch. We ate outside on the patio and were served by a nice and attentive server. The brunch menu was...intriguing and offered a number of interesting twists on old favorites. My husband ordered the french toast sandwich that was spread with "Hazelnut-Almond Butter-Bacon-Fig Jam". I had the sockeye salmon benedict and it was hands down the best benedict I've ever had. The salmon was perfectly cooked, in an almost too generous portion size, was served on yummy cheddar biscuits and topped with a spicy hollandaise sauce. The children's menu included a cheese and fruit plate that was perfect for my girls. And there was, of course, a special brunch-friendly craft cocktail menu. We plan on going back to try their dinner menu.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

We made Valentine's Day reservations at Solace, it was our first time at the restaurant. The location is nice, if you're seated upstairs on the deck you can see up and down the Coast Hwy, the coast is a bit distance but I'm sure the sunset view is nice none the less. We were there after dark and enjoyed the lite city view and people watching. It was warm enough on the deck, their heaters were very effective even for us sitting on the railing side where it was a bit windier.

We enjoyed the Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut and Asparagus Bisque, they were tremendous - flavorful and attractively prepared. The service was excellent. The only negative I could offer is probably unique to my tastes, I'm not a drinker. I drink only when we go out and only for special dinners... I chose their Bramble Refresher cocktail. That one could have been too sweet and syrupy. Instead theirs went to the opposite extreme - there was a rather flavorless berry pulp at the bottom of the glass and nearly pure vodka on top of that. It needed some flavor. I didn't finish it. Give them points for actually putting alcohol in their drinks though! So readers can take that comment in context...

Our dinner was $85 for two starters, two entrees a cocktail and a soda. Not bad for such nicely prepared dishes. On days other than those with special menus, they have dishes that are lower priced and simpler that sounded delicious as well. We'll look forward to going back for lunch some time.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Solace is a great addition to the growing, trendy Encinitas, California. It's a casual, open room, with cool lighting and decor. We had a big variety of yummy oysters... I never knew how different tasting oysters could be. Super fresh... great wines.
The owner is hands on and it shows. Great place to watch the sunset on the open air deck. We'll be back!

Reviewed October 23, 2011

After eating at their sister restaurant Urban Solace in North Park, I heard they opened Solace in Encinitas. This was extremely exciting because while the drive to North Park was worth it, having something down the street and blocks away from the beach is more my style.

Brunch is served on the second floor in an open air room that overlooks Coast Highway. My friend and I had the Pork Belly Benedict, the Original Salad and their famous Cheese Biscuits with Orange-Honey Butter. The pork belly benedict had an ancho chill hollandaise sauce which was phenomenal and complemented the juicy pork belly. The salad with watermelon, tomatoes, cucumbers, currants and basil was refreshing. The cheese biscuits were flaky and melt in your mouth...I could probably eat their biscuits with a cup of coffee on their balcony every morning!

Overall, the food is delicious, their wait staff is extremely friendly and the overall ambiance is warm--one of my new favorite places in Encinitas. I can't wait to have dinner here!