“Casual, Great Service, Outstanding Seafood”
Review of Fish 101

Fish 101
Ranked #4 of 304 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Recommended by a business associate from Scotland who discovered Fish 101 when he was here for UCSD business. We tried it today for lunch when we drove from LA to Carlsbad for meetings. The halibut was perfect, plenty of beer on tap and an abundant offering of micro-brews. The service staff was energetic and personable, and many of those who came in while we were there were locals, talking to the staff by name. Some tables are communal, which only adds to the leisure, unceremonous atmosphere. Highly recommended for informal, relaxed, really good seafood, generously served.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

There are not enough great things I can say about Fish 101. I've tried many items on the menu and I've loved them all. I'm a huge fan of the halibut in particular. They're sides are awesome and I typically choose really healthy options here, so I never feel bad about eating out here. I wish I could eat here for every meal (it's that amazing). You will not be disappointed ever. I highly recommend Fish 101!!!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Our son took us to Fish 101 on our first night in the area. Perfect choice. Very casual spot where you order at the counter and your food is delivered to you. Fish is fresh and cooked to order at reasonable prices. Lots of side dishes to choose from with nightly specials. We all had our fish grilled and I had grilled romaine salad. Beer and wine are served and they have a small dessert menu. The line to order was not too bad and there were tables to sit at. We had no problems and service was good. I'd go back.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Be sure to go early as Fish 101 is very popular! The seafood is fresh and the atmosphere fun with lots of local color! You order at the counter and then find a table! Good luck! A great family place that you can be extremely casual!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Their concept is pretty simple. You can get fish, grilled or fried as a taco, salad or platter. We had fish tacos (three in an order) and the fish was plentiful and not just cod, like you often get. That night they had spaghetti with clams on the specials. Our friend ordered it and said it was very good. A man next to us told us that the desserts were excellent although we did not get to try them. They are onoly open for dinner (at 4 pm) . There are lines outside, especially after 7, so the earlier the better.