“Nothing special”
Review of The Roxy Encinitas

The Roxy Encinitas
Reserve with OpenTable
The Roxy Encinitas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 314 Restaurants in Encinitas
Description: Visit our Classic Main Street Eatery at 517 South Coast Hwy in Downtown Encinitas for 1920's Ambiance, Classic Cocktails, Shared Plates & Live Music. Lunch and Dinner served daily, weekend brunch, and Happy Hour all day Monday and Tue-Fri from 3pm-6pm. Wine Wednesday featuring 50% off bottles of wine. Live music 7 nights as week and for brunch on the weekends!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went to Roxy based on Trip Advisor reviews. Arrived about 6 pm on a Monday and grabbed an outside table..great place to sit and people watch. Ordered a beer on happy hour and the veggie burrito without cheese ($7.95)..it comes with a bit of a green salad but it had no salad dressing. The waitress was slow in checking on me to see if everything was ok...had already finished my burrito by the time she showed up but got a bit of dressing so I could eat the salad. It wasn't like the place was busy! Burrito was ok but I've had better.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We went to Roxy based on the good reviews, but I can't share the same opinion! We didn't like the food. Their soup special of the day - broccoli soup was really bad and the main dish over fried. The waitress told us about the happy hour specials, we ordedred from that menu as well and at the end were charged full price. The only thing that we agree with the positive reviews was the large size for the portions, but if the food is not great that is not important.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The food was tasty and interesting. Good value overall. But the service was appalling. Wait staff chatting on the phone, ignoring tables...I was a challenge to get to their attention because they were chatting with their friends. I waited for ages for the bill and decided to drop cash on the table and leave. Stunningly poor.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Roxy is one of my favorite restaurants. When we lived in California and headed down to San Diego for the weekend, we would make it a point to stop at Roxy. I tend to have the same thing --- a cup of their bean soup and a half order of their vegetarian chef salad. The half order is more than enough and I always ask the waitress if anyone ever orders the full size order of the chef salad and if they do can they ever finish it. The bean soup is great, hot, spicy but not spicy and truly delectable served with a slice of toast. Toast with soup? That's a new one for me but a nice addition to the soup. The salad is incredible --- the vegetables are fresh, crisp with the sense of having been picked and harvested that morning. There is a wealth of diverse vegetables and it's quite a meal. If the picture of the half order of chef salads shows up in my upload, the white looking topping is NOT ice cream, or cottage cheese. It's ranch dressing draped over a half an avocado. All this and at a very reasonable price. The atmosphere is funky but we are talking Encinitas, so it fits in well. The waitresses are always very pleasant and attentive. Roxy is a great place and their falafels are considered the best. My wife loves their falafels, as do friends of ours. If you are in the area, don't miss out on an incredible edible treat.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Had the bean soup (more like a chili) and pizza. Both were so fresh and delicious! Sat outside and got to people watch. Several people walking by noticed how great my pizza looked. Thought the prices were good for how much I got and the quality.