“Classic Pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This wonderful little chef-owned Pizzeria has unique and crazy good pizzas and wonderful salads but the real treat is the one dessert that people drive here for a caramel pudding . I highly recommend it , when in the coastal city of Encinitas it can be found in the Lumberyard Plaza. The only issues is that it is small and generally you have to wait but worth it

There are newer reviews for Blue Ribbon Artisan Pizzeria

Reviewed April 28, 2014

On a recent trip to Southern California my son treated me to dinner at this little pizzeria. We ordered an appetizer of deep fried brussell sprouts which were so good I could have eaten the whole plate for my dinner! We each ordered a salad with fresh greens, strawberries and a wonderful dressing. The margarita pizza was by far the best I have had anywhere (sorry NYC but...). The restaurant is quite small and we sat at the bar because it was so busy. The bartender was very friendly and attentive to making sure we had what we needed and submitted our order timely. I can not wait to go back again and HIGHLY recommend this little slice of heaven in Encinitas. Great chefs, good service, and outstanding food. What else do you need?
Oh yeah, the beers are good too!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We are a long way from that traditional cheese pizza at Blue Ribbon. The first thing you note when looking at the menu is the wide variety of pretty eclectic mixes, which made decisions for dinner tough. The brussel sprouts app was a hit, and clearly a favorite as we saw it on many of the other tables as well. Pizzas are a good size to share so that means you can try a few of them. I would note that they aren't cheap for the size so you can run up a bill when tempted by the many good things on the menu. Definitely worth a try and if we didn't live across the country, something we would be making the trip back.

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Nothing influences the taste and texture of a Pizza quite like the dough. A good one is light airy nutty springy chewy and elastic-and hopefully a charred bubble or two.. Blue Ribbon is cute, they use good quality ingredients and the Service is great but first and foremost I can't get behind their dough. It doesn't have one of the necessary qualities let alone the magic combo. I don't mind their salads, some of the pie toppings were okay but some weren't right-bland mozz, seedy seedy tomato sauce and tough outer parts of the barely cooked onion
shingled across Abe's--too lean--sausage... Deviled eggs-bright and happy looking but one dimensional flavor and too darn cold. A micro planed wisp of pecorino or something salty (anchovy?? flaky salt??) would make this so much more memorable. I get the Fan Club because it's Encinitas!! Who doesn't love Encinitas!!!! Maybe it's the best Pizza in Town but it sure ain't the best Pizza around.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We've been coming to Blue Ribbon since it opened, and they continue to craft the best pizza west of NYC. The dough is incredible--it bubbles and crisps and has an excellent "chew." Nothing else even comes close in San Diego. Don't hesitate to try some of their different toppings and salads--the chef/owner has a refined palate and combines individual tastes to create a satisfying whole. In addition, they offer a selection of local beer and wine. Overall, an exceptional dining choice.