“GREAT Pizza! Great Service... Did I mention GREAT pizza?”

Blue Ribbon Artisan Pizzeria
Ranked #34 of 302 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've passed this place a few times and never tried it. But recently a friend that goes to the Hillcrest location mentioned they have good food. I don't think they have pizzas at that location but he said the food was really fresh and tasty.

I've been on a Highway 101 kick lately trying to try out more restaurants in this area since there are so many of them.

This place is in a strip mall type setting but it has an outdoor patio, which we ate in. Our waitress was really friendly and prompt. It was busy on a friday afternoon.

I went with one of my good friends who also hasn't been there before. He asked the waitress for the specials and she suggested one that was really good. He got it. I got the classic with fennel sausage and mushrooms and it was VERY VERY good. I'd go back there in a heartbeat to get the same pizza.

I'd highly recommend this place if you're in the area. It's not far from Moonlight Beach so you can come here before the beach or after. Really great service and pizza.

1  Thank saintba

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is a great place for trendy pizzas and salads. Probable already been said the Caesar salad is the best I have ever had. All the pizza are great with fresh mozzarella cheese (you can really taste the difference). And then the butterscotch salted pudding -- I think it is their only dessert. DO NOT SHARE order one just for yourself. :)

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We look forward to dining at BRP every year we are in the area. It's always fresh local food. They provide an extensive list of wines and a good choice of specialty beers. Try the bruschetta. It is undoubtedly one of the best choices on the menu! We will return again and again.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had lunch here with friends after church. The beet salad was exceptional. Pizza was very good. Great service.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had the BLT Salad, which is butter lettuce with bacon, bread crumbs, and tomatoes, and the Blue Ribbon Pizza, which is a basic tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and basil pizza. The salad was a bit on the larger side, but it was very tasty and not too heavy despite the bacon. The pizza was really yummy and quite simple. The crust was extremely crisp, which I really like.

I went on a Tuesday night and the restaurant seemed to have every table filled. The service was decent.