“Yummy and Healthy”

Lotus Cafe and Juice Bar
Ranked #17 of 299 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Lotus Cafe is dedicated to serving fresh, healthy, natural food at affordable prices, prepared with love, simplicity, and a joyful heart. Our ingredients are sourced with care and are always natural. My husband and I, who are the owners of Lotus Cafe and Juice Bar, have been long-time vegetarians (21+ years). We wanted to create a place where vegans, vegetarians, and my own family (who are not all vegetarians) could come and happily share a meal together. While Lotus is predominantly a vegetarian restaurant, we also offer many fish, chicken, and turkey options, with a fish special every night; there is also a turkey burger for our non-vegetarian patrons. Lotus Cafe is casual and affordable; you place your order at the counter, get your table number, and on your way to your table collect your napkins, utensils, condiments, and help yourself to water at one of the condiment counters. Pick the table of your choice, and a food runner will bring your food out to you. We have ample seating both inside and outside, with a patio in back and seating that wraps around the side and front of the cafe if you prefer to be outdoors. We feel very blessed to be so whole-heartedly embraced and supported by our wonderful local Encinitas community; and we are also deeply appreciative of our loyal following of out-of-town visitors and regulars! If you looking at the TripAdvisor website because you are traveling, we wish you a blessed and beautiful journey, filled with much Joy, Inspiration, Peace, and Well-being! Blessings, johanna & carl
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
“Yummy and Healthy”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This a great natural food restaurant. Super sandwiches and fruit drinks. If your vegan this a must stop while in the area, Service is tops. This is a busy place at lunch so come early to get a great seat. It has outdoor dining too.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Carl F

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent vegan fare!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed the gluten free options available. Extensive menu, lots of guilt-free varieties. Be sure to try a smoothie!

• Visited March 2013
Providenciales
“Choice. Quality. Yep, this is a keeper.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

As a carnivorous vegan, I like a place that can cater either way. Lotus is does not seek to exclude people by having a limited approach (all vegan, all raw, all meat). Instead there is a really nice blend of quality choices, vegetarian and vegan offerings and lots of gluten free...

My only gripe (not even enough of a grip to cost them a point) is the whole 'order at the counter' thing -- just not something I enjoy in a restaurant. I know there are good reasons for it; I just don't like it.

• Visited March 2013
Massachusetts
“Multiple trips in a week!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were very happy to find the Lotus Cafe in Encinitas during our one-week stay there. We're always on the lookout for vacation food that is healthy and tasty too -- and the Lotus met both objectives. Wonderful salads with really fresh greens, brown rice, guacamole, and other goodies. My husband enjoyed the enchiladas (I think they were enchiladas -- I was too involved with my salad to pay much attention.). The only item I tried that I'd not recommend was the soup of the day, which was tomato basil -- it was a lot like tomato/spaghetti sauce, not soup. Definitely will go back next time we're in Encinitas. Soon, I hope!

• Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Vegan cupcake feel-good salad meditation”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

1. Lotus Cafe serves baked sweet potatoes. Ask for one. They are big and orange.
2. If you're on vacation and hunting high and low for a healthy meal, Lotus's big salads will do you right. I dig the Chapati salad. It has guacamole. And a scoop of brown rice.
3. Lotus is not strictly vegetarian. They have fish and chicken items.
4. Big vegan cupcakes. They are big, vegan, and worth your time/caloric intake.
5. Lotus is adjacent to a shoe store that sells Birkenstocks.
6. Lotus's house-made salad dressings are excellent.
7. You really can't fault this place for anything, except maybe the New Agey decor (gold statues of Buddha and Ganesh abound--this place is called LOTUS after all), if that's not your bag. The pink walls are calming. The chalkboard is legible.
8. Condiment bar includes hot sauces, Bragg's Liquid Aminos, and a shakey bottle of nutritional yeast!
9. They will put a scoop of brown rice on anything if you ask.
10. Lotus is a scoop of brown rice kind of place.

• Visited December 2012