“Good place for vegetarians, and health conscience people” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lotus Cafe and Juice Bar
Ranked #15 of 295 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Healthy
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lotus Cafe is dedicated to serving fresh, healthy, natural food at affordable prices, prepared with love, simplicity, and a joyful heart. Our ingredients are sourced with care and are always natural. My husband and I, who are the owners of Lotus Cafe and Juice Bar, have been long-time vegetarians (21+ years). We wanted to create a place where vegans, vegetarians, and my own family (who are not all vegetarians) could come and happily share a meal together. While Lotus is predominantly a vegetarian restaurant, we also offer many fish, chicken, and turkey options, with a fish special every night; there is also a turkey burger for our non-vegetarian patrons. Lotus Cafe is casual and affordable; you place your order at the counter, get your table number, and on your way to your table collect your napkins, utensils, condiments, and help yourself to water at one of the condiment counters. Pick the table of your choice, and a food runner will bring your food out to you. We have ample seating both inside and outside, with a patio in back and seating that wraps around the side and front of the cafe if you prefer to be outdoors. We feel very blessed to be so whole-heartedly embraced and supported by our wonderful local Encinitas community; and we are also deeply appreciative of our loyal following of out-of-town visitors and regulars! If you looking at the TripAdvisor website because you are traveling, we wish you a blessed and beautiful journey, filled with much Joy, Inspiration, Peace, and Well-being! Blessings, johanna & carl
Kelowna, Canada
“Good place for vegetarians, and health conscience people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I really liked this place because they cater to vegetarians, and to people with food allergies. I have a few food allergies so its nice to see places that advertise this type of service. Also the menu has organic everything I believe. Their smoothies are very delicious, and my husband who is not a vegetarian had an avocado sandwich and he thought it was very delicious. Plus the price is right!

Visited September 2012

Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Healthy Food and Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

This place has a nice menu - many healthy food options. The salads are lovely. My husband and I had take out from here during a recent trip to Encinitas. So this review is just based on one experience, but I thought the food was delicious and the prices were very reasonable.

• Visited September 2012
Federal Way, Washington
“Excellent fresh food for a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was hesitant about doing dinner in a juice bar. Boy, was I wrong! The food was exceptional, fresh and delicious. You order at the counter and sit down with your number and before you know it it is in front of you. The prices are one third less of the 'regular' type of restaurant, and really better. I would definitely return to this place,

• Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I love the food here. Healthy, tasty and so many vegetarian options (but things for meat eaters too). An extensive and imaginative menu and a lovely casual vibe.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Natakali
arizona
“Did not disappoint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have been staying in Encinitas and every time I went by the Lotus Cafe and juice bar, it was filled with people. After reading about it on Trip Advisor, I decided to try it for lunch. The menu was long with many delicious sounding selections, including vegan choices. The food was great! It was fresh and tasty, and plenty of it. We ate outside in the back, and it was quite pleasant. Although it was busy, the service was good. It's a great choice for a healthy meal.

• Visited July 2012