“Our go to on the 101!”

UNION Kitchen & Tap
Reserve with OpenTable
UNION Kitchen & Tap is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 303 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: J Street
Description: UNION Kitchen & Tap offers New American Cuisine in an inviting, warm, and comfortable restaurant setting. The frequently changing menu relies heavily on organic, local ingredients and offer a variety of options to choose from including seasonal salads, hearty sandwiches, and a number of signature dishes for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. UNION Kitchen & Tap also offers a full complement of local craft beers, small vintage wines, and signature cocktails.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

North county San Diego has more than its fair share of great places to eat and hang out, but Union Tap has to be at the top of the list! Being on the Coast Highway, it's a great place to watch the beach traffic from the large open windows and enjoy your perfectly chilled brew or cocktail. There are plenty of big screen TVs to catch any number of games, and on Sunday afternoons there's the occasional guitar player. Come for the fun atmosphere, friendly staff and inspired décor and stay for the food ! The menu has something for everyone but the southern dishes are a must try, especially the 'shrimp and grits' and the 'gumbo'. A must try is the prosciutto flatbread topped with fried eggs !!!!!! We have been here over 20 times and they never disappoint.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Hot waitresses and awesome bloody Mary's that's about it the food & service is terrible. This is my second time there and each time I get disappointed by the food and the service but the bloody Mary's keep me coming back

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Union is a very cool food driven beach bar and restaurant on the 101 in Encinitas. Southern I spired fair that was delicious. I had smoked beef belly sandwich with bacon Mac and cheese, mmm. Also a bunch of hand crafted brews and a very nice staff makes Union a win In my book. Don't miss it if you are around San Diego.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My boyfriend really wanted to go here because every time we drive by it is jumping and looks very fun. I hesitated because the menu wasn't what I wanted to eat at the time, but we LOVED it. The staff was fantastic, particularly our server Brittany and Abel (manager, I think). It's just a very fun atmosphere, lots of TVs for the guys to watch sports. Great selection of cocktails and beer and good food.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

After an afternoon of shopping in Carlsbad we went to the Union Kitchen and Tap for dinner. What a delightful place to eat. We were able to bring our 2 year old grandson into the bar and order dinner from there. Menu was great and we ordered from the Happy Hour menu. Five meals were ordered and not a complaint in the bunch. Service was very good and attentive to our needs. I had the venison sliders and they were delicious. I would go back the next time in this city.