“Wonderful service”

UNION Kitchen & Tap
Reserve with OpenTable
UNION Kitchen & Tap is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 297 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: J Street
Description: UNION Kitchen & Tap offers New American Cuisine in an inviting, warm, and comfortable restaurant setting. The frequently changing menu relies heavily on organic, local ingredients and offer a variety of options to choose from including seasonal salads, hearty sandwiches, and a number of signature dishes for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. UNION Kitchen & Tap also offers a full complement of local craft beers, small vintage wines, and signature cocktails.
Fullerton, California, United States
“Wonderful service”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My boyfriend really wanted to go here because every time we drive by it is jumping and looks very fun. I hesitated because the menu wasn't what I wanted to eat at the time, but we LOVED it. The staff was fantastic, particularly our server Brittany and Abel (manager, I think). It's just a very fun atmosphere, lots of TVs for the guys to watch sports. Great selection of cocktails and beer and good food.

Visited August 2013

Mukilteo, Washington
“Our Journey Continues”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

After an afternoon of shopping in Carlsbad we went to the Union Kitchen and Tap for dinner. What a delightful place to eat. We were able to bring our 2 year old grandson into the bar and order dinner from there. Menu was great and we ordered from the Happy Hour menu. Five meals were ordered and not a complaint in the bunch. Service was very good and attentive to our needs. I had the venison sliders and they were delicious. I would go back the next time in this city.

• Visited February 2013
Encinitas, California
“fun but noisy”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

this is a fun bar worth checking it out. I find it to be very noisy for my taste. I usually sit at the bar and pay a lot for some very good red wines. The food is okay, some appetizer item are very small . It is aways busy so something is working...

Visited April 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Nice atmosphere, good drinks”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We found this place just walking in Encinitas and decided to try it. It's in a great location -- nice ocean breeze and it's all dark wood with fun colored LED lighting behind many wall panels. The wait staff was very helpful and attentive (I will say they all had bedhead, but I'm not from CA, maybe that's a hairstyle here?). We ordered the pear gorgonzola flatbread and the fried oyster sandwich. Both were delicious. I'd definitely like to go back to this place in the evening to see what it looks like after dark.

• Visited June 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Interesting menu, good beers and good people watching.”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This bar opens up to the street which makes it easy to see and be seen. The menu has a wide variety of food, some of it pretty spicy. The beer selection is great. We went at lunch on a weekday and the service was a little strange. The waitress seemed a bit too casual, as if she were doing us a favor by eating there, but prompt. Overall it was a good meal.

• Visited April 2013